• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hellboy 3 may become a reality
1 1

113 posts in this topic

Great news. Hellboy 2 is on my top 10 super-hero film list. Big fan of Del Toro's work.

Isn't Hellboy just basically a recycled Ben Grimm?

Not even close!

Ben Grimm was a test pilot that was transformed into a monster via gamma rays and along with his traveling companions became a member of the Fantastic Four.

Hellboy was born a demon, raised by Professor Bruttenholm, became a member of BPRD, and is destined to destroy the world.

Isn't Hellboy just basically a recycled Ben Grimm?

Not even close!

Ben Grimm was a test pilot that was transformed into a monster via gamma rays and along with his traveling companions became a member of the Fantastic Four.

Hellboy was born a demon, raised by Professor Bruttenholm, became a member of BPRD, and is destined to destroy the world.

Personality wise they are much alike. In the movies anyway. I never read any of the books.

Just rewatched 1&2 for fathers day. Hope this happens

I couldn't help it, and popped in the first movie the other day. Had to watch it all the way through to the end.

film_hellboy6_pistole061511.jpg

:cry:

Guillermo del Toro Reveals Hellboy 3 Plot, But Doesn't Think It Will Get Made

Creatively, I would love to make it. Creatively. But it is proven almost impossible to finance. Not from MY side, but from the studio side. If I was a multimillionaire, I would finance it myself, but I spend all my money on rubber monsters.

Thanks for posting that up Bosco (AKA thedreamkiller). It always comes down to money. From what i read it sounds like it would have made a great ending to what i think is a great series of movies.

Thanks for posting that up Bosco (AKA thedreamkiller). It always comes down to money. From what i read it sounds like it would have made a great ending to what i think is a great series of movies.

:(

But I really had no idea how little these two movies made at the box office. It is the DVD and Blu-Ray sales that really made them a hit.

v0pUwhX.png

D0RMWA0.png

I wonder if this was given the right level of marketing, and with Guillermo Del Toro being so popular more than ever, would 'Hellboy 3' do much better at the box office.

I guess i always thought they were hits at the box office. But then again i also liked the new Dredd and that needed something like 5mil more in sales for them to greenlight part 2 from what i have read. May still get made hell i hated robocop and that one cranked out how many more movies.