• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need some help making a good offer

18 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I've been looking for a nice copy of this book for a while and I finally found one. The ebay listing hasa "Make an Offer" feature.

I want the book, but don't want to over pay.

Appreciate any suggestions on how much is a fair price.

ebay auction: How much should I offer?

Thanks in advance (thumbs u

This isn't a case of price, it's what are you willing to pay if you want it. Whenever I use the best offer tool on an item that isn't overly expensive, I subtract 50 bucks and the shipping and round to the nearest ten. Offer $240 and see what happens.

This isn't a case of price, it's what are you willing to pay if you want it. Whenever I use the best offer tool on an item that isn't overly expensive, I subtract 50 bucks and the shipping and round to the nearest ten.

You heard the man. Offer $299,940 and hope for the best. :wishluck:

Seriously though, the phrase I hear a lot is that "it's not the deal you got, it's the deal you think you got". Offer what you feel comfortable with. If he says ok, you've got the book you want for the price you want. If not, move on and find another copy.

This isn't a case of price, it's what are you willing to pay if you want it. Whenever I use the best offer tool on an item that isn't overly expensive, I subtract 50 bucks and the shipping and round to the nearest ten.

You heard the man. Offer $299,940 and hope for the best. :wishluck:

Seriously though, the phrase I hear a lot is that "it's not the deal you got, it's the deal you think you got". Offer what you feel comfortable with. If he says ok, you've got the book you want for the price you want. If not, move on and find another copy.

Holy I missed a decimal point!!! lol

Don't even offer on crazy BIN's

(it would be awesome if I considered $300,000.00 not overly expensive) hm