• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montreal Comiccon Report (photo heavy, and yes, girl-centric!)

172 posts in this topic

One of the cool lithographs available from Toronto artist Chris Roberts. Brilliant re-imaginings of classic paintings done with monsters. You can check out more of his work here.

IMG_5855.jpg

Great pics and report. The Age of Harryhausen print on his site is cool too. Unique ideas.

+ 1 Great costumes, looking like a lot of fun!

This artist was at the Winnipeg Con last year. I was thinking of getting that exact print.

My fave discovery at the show was the work of Georgia artist Keith P. Rein. Please check out his site here; you won't be disappointed. His work isn't exactly G-rated and I could only wish I had a spot to put one of his pieces. The crazy thing is, he said he uses models for all these poses and then paints accordingly.

IMG_5859.jpg

Well, at least this one's comic book related............Batman and Robin in their customary pose on the right! lol

Before I get accused of not delivering as promised, some Hype energy drink cuties. Love the kid's eyes.

IMG_5899.jpg

I'd go for the brunette too, smart kid.

I can hear the Bevis and Butthead laugh in his head as soon as I look at this pic

Another palate-cleansing shot. Absolutely loved this outfit.

IMG_5873.jpg

She was a great girl. I talked with her for a while on Sunday when she was dressed up as WONDER WOMAN. She's a self-proclaimed "nerd", but I corrected her and told her that we are "geeks". ;) She had a different costume each day and someone told me she made them herself. Impressive if true.

She was desperately trying to find a PEREZ WONDER WOMAN issue to get signed, but I cannot believe we were sold out..

I should have gotten her name... doh!

Cincy artist Mike Maydak and his interpretive art. Very cool. I encourage you all to check out his work here - yes, he has his version of Modok on his business card.

His version of MODOK I found on his website is cool! (worship)

Z-Modok7a.jpg

There was even an almost fully naked girl whom got a super-heroine bodypainting live!!

show015.jpg

show022.jpg

It looks like all she has on is a belt...

Yep. She wasn't shy. She was smiling and laughing with us all as it was applied.

Exhibitionists rarely are

Ok heres the picture i took.

It really feels like a Seinfeld episode.We're just not sure.

Mulva ?

lol

Photobucket

Let`s put it this way, if "she" had been in "The Crying Game", there wouldn`t have been much of a shock.