• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toughest DC Bronze Age Key to find in VF/NM or better

63 posts in this topic

To all of the DC afficionados out there, what do you think is the toughest DC Bronze Age key to find in VF/NM or better condition? My choice is GL #76, but HOS #92 would have to be considered as well due to the black cover. Any other opinions?

HOS 92 and WH 1 aren't too bad to find because they are keys. In fact, I avoid HOS 92 on purpose because of the over-inflated price (IMHO). Microbia has been trying to sell it for quite some time now... gossip.gif

I agree on the PS 1 being tougher to find relatively speaking.

I don't collect Batman, but I hear some of the BA books are tougher than others (keys not a problem)....DAM60?

As far as other key books, nothing immediately springs to mind. If you are patient, it will show up...

True enough about the GL #76 rob_react. According to the census there has been 1 copy of PS #1 in 9.6 (out of 40 total) and 3 copies of Withching Hour #1 in 9.6 (plus 10 9.4s out of 42 graded), but so far just 6 9.4 copies of GL #76 (132 submitted).

I have found it difficult to track down true NM copies of Detective #400 as well due to the dark blue cover.

I don't collect Batman, but I hear some of the BA books are tougher than others (keys not a problem)....DAM60?

Batman 222 is pretty popular but not a really a key book that can be somewhat tough to get above VF/NM

Young Romance 203
not difficult by a long shot. unpopular maybe.

Maybe.

No graded copies though.

doesn't mean it's difficult. just no reason for anybody to have them graded.

True enough about the GL #76 rob_react. According to the census there has been 1 copy of PS #1 in 9.6 (out of 40 total) and 3 copies of Withching Hour #1 in 9.6 (plus 10 9.4s out of 42 graded), but so far just 6 9.4 copies of GL #76 (132 submitted).

I have found it difficult to track down true NM copies of Detective #400 as well due to the dark blue cover.

Yep, I sold the PS 1 9.6 to JP over 3 years ago. Of course I didn't think the "Top Census" label would last, but it has! However, defying all expectations, the census has shown that the toughest DC Bronze Age Key in high grade is GL 76. Tec 400 is right up there as well. I don't think any of the Batman issues, with the noted exception of 222, are very tough. HoS has been a key for so long that nice copies have been maintained...

Why do I get a feeling this thread is a re-hash?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

ps196.jpg