• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 13 CGC 9.0 PLUS OTHERS...L@@K!!!

46 posts in this topic

These items are now up and running with one added:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 298 CGC 9.6 NO RESERVE BIG SCAN! $0.01 0 -- 0 6d 23h 56m

Thanks to all the SPAM experts for the bumps...Pics should be up shortly!

STARTING TOMORROW MORNING I WILL HAVE SEVERAL ITEMS UP FOR SALE: THESE ARE BASICALLY REMNANATS THAT WERE LEFT AFTER THE COUNTDOWN CONCLUDED.

THESE INCLUDE ASM 13 in CGC 9.0...I JUST UPGRADED. ADDITIONALLY A COPY OF ASM 149 IN CGC 9.2 WILL BE POSTED. WHITE PAGES...incidentally!

ADDITIONALLY I HAVE ABOUT 15 MID/HIGH GRADE ISSUES GRADED BY CGG. THE FOLLOWING WILL APPEAR TOMORROW MORNING ON EBAY:

SEE THEM ALL: http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=4gemworks&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 177 CGG 8.0 NO RESERVE BIG SCAN!

$0.01 7 days Jul-10 10:00:00 Edit

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 117 CGG NOT CGC 7.0 NR BIG SCAN!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 99 CGG NOT CGC 8.5 NR BIG SCAN!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 85 CGG NOT CGC 7.0 NR BIG SCAN!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 79 CGG NOT CGC 6.5 NR BIG SCAN!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 67 CGG NOT CGC 7.0 NR BIG SCAN!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 63 CGG NOT CGC 6.5 NR BIG SCAN!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 60 CGG NOT CGC 6.5 AP NR BIG SCAN!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 55 CGG NOT CGC 7.0 NR BIG SCAN!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 52 CGG NOT CGC 6.0 NR BIG SCAN!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 47 CGG NOT CGC 5.0 NR BIG SCAN!

$0.01 7 days Jul-10 10:15:00 Edit

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 32 CGG NOT CGC 7.5 NR BIG SCAN!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 30 CGG NOT CGC 6.0 NR BIG SCAN!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 19 CGG NOT CGC 6.0 NR BIG SCAN!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 11 CGG NOT CGC 3.0 NR BIG SCAN!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 149 CGC 9.2 NO RESERVE BIG SCAN!

$0.01 7 days Jul-10 10:30:00 Edit

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 13 CGC 9.0 NO RESERVE BIG SCAN!

$0.01 7 days Jul-10 10:45:00 Edit

Again, see them all:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=4gemworks&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Thanks for looking!

\

You might want to reconsider putting "not CGC" in the title, because your listings will be reported, and you're just going to have to re-list. It's nothing personal, but if everyone did this, Ebay would be a mess. It's already bad enough.

Most of the responses here do not even justify a response, but I thought I'd make one. SPAM is the UNWANTED proliferation or marketing of items directly to folks that may or may not be interested in the item, whether or not the information is correct.

If anybody here wants to point out anything untrue in any of the item descriptions, on the other hand, I'd be fascinated.

I have dozens of screens and typically get 4 or 5 to one items that I am not really looking for. Key words are a part of any title. As one that has sold hundreds of CGC books in just the past three months, I don't think that making a distinction is going to bother too many folks, except for the standard pessimistic group on these boards that belittle, attack and criticize much of what gets posted throughout this community anyhow.

But in the meantime feel free to report me to eBay...it's your time.

Well, sorry you feel that way.

I'm not looking to belittle, or attack you in any way. But I can't stand having to sift through CGG not CGC, CGC ready, CGC it, and all the other [!@#%^&^] people come up with to spam their auctions. You want to get into semantics, go ahead. The fact is, if I want a CGC graded book, I should be able to type in CGC and get only CGC graded books. If I want a CGG graded book, I'll type in CGG. You want to use CGC's name to sell your books? Then keep submitting to CGC.

You might want to reconsider putting "not CGC" in the title, because your listings will be reported, and you're just going to have to re-list. It's nothing personal, but if everyone did this, Ebay would be a mess. It's already bad enough.

Most of the responses here do not even justify a response, but I thought I'd make one. SPAM is the UNWANTED proliferation or marketing of items directly to folks that may or may not be interested in the item, whether or not the information is correct.

If anybody here wants to point out anything untrue in any of the item descriptions, on the other hand, I'd be fascinated.

I have dozens of screens and typically get 4 or 5 to one items that I am not really looking for. Key words are a part of any title. As one that has sold hundreds of CGC books in just the past three months, I don't think that making a distinction is going to bother too many folks, except for the standard pessimistic group on these boards that belittle, attack and criticize much of what gets posted throughout this community anyhow.

But in the meantime feel free to report me to eBay...it's your time.

Those auctions WILL get pulled. They are in violation of ebay's keyword spamming policy (improper use of trade or brand names)- no amount of hair splitting will change that. Yes, it's true that they're "not CGC" books. But with that same logic putting "not" before any keyword would be perfectly acceptable and eBay would be useless.

By the way, with the number of people that will likely report them based on the thread in comics general, I wouldn't expect them to last the day.

Since I have been a fellow CGC and CGGer I have also felt as if my CGG listings would not get the views from people that may be interested in them but are not yet aware that CGG even exists (which there are many). While I personally have no problem with the "Not CGC or CGC ready" type of language, I realize that many people here do have a problem with it. I don't use this "spam" language myself but what I do to solve the problem is to save my best CGC graded copies to list at the same time as a large assortment of CGG graded copies. My idea is that people seeing my CGC items will then see my other auctions and thus run into my CGG books.

I never sell CGGs by themselves, I always run them with the best of my CGCs. It seems to work and that way I can avoid what some other people call "spam".

I imagine that after a little time goes by and more people are aware of CGG then nobody will have to use the current marketing tricks, but I don't blame them for doing it now as CGG is directly related to the type of service that CGC offers. ------Sid

Thanks for making our point. You're proliferating CGG items to people who are specifically looking for CGC items. Those items are clearly UNWANTED, or they wouldn't be running a search for CGC items exclusively.

Why is "spam" in quotes? It exists and auctions like this are in clear violation of eBay's rules. There should be no uncertainty in your use of the term. Feel free to use it without quotes.

Why is "spam" in quotes? It exists and auctions like this are in clear violation of eBay's rules. There should be no uncertainty in your use of the term. Feel free to use it without quotes.

What do you have against "quotes"? Quote-hater! tongue.gif

Hey 4Gem, just another question for you. I'm curious as to why you allow 7 day return policy on the CGG graded books but the CGC books are sold with no returns? Just curious.

Brian

Hey 4Gem, just another question for you. I'm curious as to why you allow 7 day return policy on the CGG graded books but the CGC books are sold with no returns? Just curious.

Brian

As these boards have demonstrated in discussion, many folks could be leery of a CGG graded book. I happen to think their grading is spot on. Nevertheless, in order to demonstrate goodwill on my part, I want folks to know that they are not buying a pig in a poke. If they don't like it, I'll take it back.

CGC is the established leader and most folks have no problem with a CGC graded book. If they don't like the return policy they don't have to bid on it. There are plentiful buyers for CGC books...this is a known fact.

CGG is not established. While buying a CGG book, in my opinion, clearly beats the prospects of buying raw, the market for CGG is not yet well established. CGG is clearly number two at this point.

When your number two, you have to try harder. When you market number two, you have to make concessions you might not otherwise make.

I figured as much, thought there might've been an underlying story or something.

Brian

I quite often find that this suspician to be the case. Why is it that people often think that there is some kind of motive or "more to the story than just this"? I also find it odd that the few of us here that have supported CGG at one time or another have been looked at as if we were "insiders". Not quite the case. Just using them as an alternative to CGC for a few different reasons. And don't forget, there are plenty of people out there, perhaps less savvy than us board members, but that still just want to be able to buy an impartially graded book and don't really care who the impartial grader is, so long as they are impartial. What about any of you? If you were to buy from an unknown dealer, would you pay the guy more for a raw copy, or the same book CGG graded?

Another way to look at it is by listing "Not CGC" you may be doing someone a favor as you are offering them more books that they may not have seen otherwise, that they may be interested in purchasing. Just a thought. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif -----Sid