• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller Gargux is a thief!

27 posts in this topic

I hope I am not overstepping any boundaries here. The guy stole a ton of books from local comic shop and sold them on ebay. The cops are involved and the insufficiently_thoughtful_person sold slabs with cert numbers clearly visible.

I hope no boardies bought any of these books.

Are some of these the ore hero Marvels I saw some boardie bought thru eBay and are now returning to their rightful owner?

mysterio bought one (strange worlds 5), korvac saga bought one (tales of suspense 8).

insufficiently_thoughtful_person sold slabs with cert numbers clearly visible.

the funny thing is with these books the cert numbers are almost unnecessary with so few copies in the grades that were sold.

Glad he was caught, but its a little bittersweet for mysterio and korvac I'm sure, and for myself too as I briefly had korvac's undercopy :tonofbricks: but am now returning it as a result of him being out his overcopy.

Whats the story with the theft?

Were these stolen from a store, house, show or what?

comic book world in kentucky I believe.

This was a break in with a bunch of books stolen i assume?

For some reason i always picture "stolen comics" as some guy slipping a few books/slabs under his shirt and walking out but i guess LCS's get robbed like any other stores do.

Yep, I bought one of the books. The good news is that gargux contacted me and has sent me an e-check refund through Paypal that I am waiting to clear, then I will return the book via the detective working the case. I PMed cheetah who confirmed that the books were taken from Comic Book World. I don't know how the theft was perpetrated.

I am sad to give the book back, but glad that it is going back to the rightful owner and that it appears that my money will be fully returned (e-check is pending but all signs are that its legit).

Yep, I bought one of the books. The good news is that gargux contacted me and has send me an e-check refund through Paypal that I am waiting to clear, then I will return the book via the detective working the case. I PMed cheetah who confirmed that the books were taken from Comic Book World. I don't know how the theft was perpetrated.

I am sad to give the book back, but glad that it is going back to the rightful owner and that it appears that my money will be fully returned (e-check is ending but all signs are that its legit).

Can you at least "re-buy" the book from Comic Book World or no?

Yep, I bought one of the books. The good news is that gargux contacted me and has send me an e-check refund through Paypal that I am waiting to clear, then I will return the book via the detective working the case. I PMed cheetah who confirmed that the books were taken from Comic Book World. I don't know how the theft was perpetrated.

I am sad to give the book back, but glad that it is going back to the rightful owner and that it appears that my money will be fully returned (e-check is ending but all signs are that its legit).

Discounted at least :baiting:

My understanding is their asking prices are not very friendly & way higher than what the gargux auctions ended at :(

My understanding is their asking prices are not very friendly & way higher than what the gargux auctions ended at :(

Ahhhh, that sucks :sorry:

Personally I think my book ended low ($540 for an 8.5 OW-W Strange Worlds #5), but I thought that the prices paid for the others seemed very much in line with prices I've seen realized in other auction venues. If I were someone like Rich (Korvac) I would hope that an equitable solution could be reached with the owners. These were hotly contested eBay auctions ending at high traffic times, so it isn't like the books snuck under the radar or went for a song. I think the TOS and TTA selling prices were fair. 2c

You can ask whatever you want, but if it is a matter of what the books are realistically worth I think we found that out in the auctions. I will freely admit that I got a deal on mine though, but it honestly doesn't hurt to return it one bit as long as I get paid back.

Oh I know, and if I were Rich I'd ask. But you know how some of these shop owners can be. Wait and wait and wait for the perfect buyer.... try and hit the home run instead of the single.