• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

first problem with ebay buyer

317 posts in this topic

As to those who disagree with me using certain keywords in the title....it was an AD for a book on an auction site so of course i am going to put keywords in the title in the hopes that more people will find it with certain search terms. There are plenty of people who will go to Ebay and just type in CGC and see what comes up. I know....i used to be one of them. I dont see anything dishonest or unethical in this, it is simply a low level marketing move to get my post seen by more eyes than would be otherwise.

You need to keep CGC out of the title for non-CGC books. It's just what good sellers do. "Ready for grading" is OK. Saying CGC in the text of the listing is OK, putting it in the title is just not OK. But, many make the choice you are making to use it anyway.

I think you are taking the right course of action on the IMSM, good luck! Once you get it back be sure to try to recover your eBay fees.

I have learned a lot from this thread. My life is better.

Good Saturday morning from Bangkok. My life is better also. After being spit roasted here in this thread, I went out to Nana Plaza here on Soi 4 Sukhumvit and snared a princess for a short time. I wish I could post her photo - it's "G" rated, but I'm sure the Mods don't want that kind of stuff here. Yet, if it's permissable, let me know. I'll post it after I come back from breakfast in an hour.

OK, it's about 8:53AM here. Time for breakfast.

Thanks to everyone here who took the time to jolly stomp me in this thread. I carry my war wounds in pride. I feel as if I was jumped into the gang.

You guys rock!

you-rock.gif

MODOK has returned! :banana:

As to those who disagree with me using certain keywords in the title....it was an AD for a book on an auction site so of course i am going to put keywords in the title in the hopes that more people will find it with certain search terms. There are plenty of people who will go to Ebay and just type in CGC and see what comes up. I know....i used to be one of them. I dont see anything dishonest or unethical in this, it is simply a low level marketing move lying to get my post seen by more eyes than would be otherwise.

I suggested the use of 'CGC Ready' could make me distrust you.

Your defence of using 'CGC Ready' absolutely does.

Congrats. :applause:

Fraud is a very strong word to use, because the intention element of such an offence impugns one's character. But if we were to make fraud out it would have two elements in my mind:

1) what is the definition of 'pedigree'? specifically does it only extend to those deemed such by Cgc ? and

2) if it only extends to Cgc recognized books: What was the intention of the op? Which we could determine by reference to his knowledge regarding the definition of a pedigree and the pedigree status of the book.

I think the answer to the first question is an emphatic no. Pedigree can encompass books outside of those groups recognized by CGC. As such the intention of the op becomes irrelevant as we have not cleared the first hurdle.

Even if we could say the term pedigree is only to be used for those class of books recognized by CGC I think the second element of intention is lacking in this case. So rather than being fraud this is at best an innocent misrepresentation which would allow the aggrieved party (the buyer) to rescind but not to receive a partial refund. Unless the breaching party agreed to a partial refund to avoid the less desirable outcome of a full refund. Which is probably likely given how eBay stooges sellers.

Let me say first that this thread REALLY went off the rails. I have spent the last 30 minutes reading through all of it and i think the low point was "cracker azz cracker"......but i digress

:whee:

'Comic Book' reader shocked by someone's 'objectification of women'.

Such rich irony.

Irony indeed, but it was more than objectification - he basically said all women were prostitutes.

no, he said only the ones that make you pay are. then again if they pay you're the hooker. i'm ok with that :)

Such rich irony.

Irony indeed, but it was more than objectification - he basically said all women were prostitutes.

no, he said only the ones that make you pay are. then again if they pay you're the hooker. i'm ok with that :)

You mean this post?

You go on thinking that. I would never (have to) pay for sex, and people who do are scum. You know I speak the truth.

(And I would love to go to Amsterdam and never go to the Red Light district)

If you date women, you pay. Period. Dinnner, movies, concerts, etc. You're not assured of getting any at the end. Wake up.

Such rich irony.

Yeah, that's harsh and misguided. And delusional justification.

Wait, is that a real term? Did I just make that up?