• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clone

1,853 posts in this topic

Print run numbers for those interested:

For comparison, Tot's numbers for the first 8 issue.

I've been told that TV shows have a much greater impact on comic values than movies. For example Walking Dead compared to Men in Black or 2 Guns.

Not directed at anyone in particular, but what? There is no track record concerning movies or TV shows increase a comic books value whatsoever to be basing this on. A character or comic with longevity is about the best guarantee you have for a comic value to rise. Because for every MIB, you have several Surrogates, Viruses, RIPDs, etc. Did the Arrow TV show have an impact on the Green Arrow comic values? Does anyone really seeing Agent of Shield comics taking off because of the upcoming TV series?

The Walking Dead TV show and comic book has really messed up people's objectivity and common sense. I officially declare we are in a new age of comics, the Walking Dead Obfuscated age!

I've been told that TV shows have a much greater impact on comic values than movies. For example Walking Dead compared to Men in Black or 2 Guns.

Not directed at anyone in particular, but what? There is no track record concerning movies or TV shows increase a comic books value whatsoever to be basing this on. A character or comic with longevity is about the best guarantee you have for a comic value to rise. Because for every MIB, you have several Surrogates, Viruses, RIPDs, etc. Did the Arrow TV show have an impact on the Green Arrow comic values? Does anyone really seeing Agent of Shield comics taking off because of the upcoming TV series?

The Walking Dead TV show and comic book has really messed up people's objectivity and common sense. I officially declare we are in a new age of comics, the Walking Dead Obfuscated age!

You are so right.

Print run numbers for those interested:

Curious what the tv show accouncement will do to upcoming issues in regards to numbers. Sure they will go up but wonder how much. Wait and see I guess.

The best thing that can happen is that the news caused the readership to reverse its current decline. If we see readership increasing beyond its first issue print run, then this book is good to hold, even without the TV show. However, that is doubtful given how high the print run for #1 is.

Todd, on the other hand is a different story. I can see the readership double or even triple its #1 print run of 7k. If that happens, Todd will indeed be the next Chew i.e. high price for #1 even without a TV show.

Today, only the above scenario is sustainable. The current price increase is selling the sizzle which is not ideal for the last one holding the bag.

I was with you on this but now I think there is some evidence to the contrary. Taking the Walking Dead out of the equation, Peter Panzerfaust, Thief of Thieves, Clone, Todd, and many other non superhero comics are in development to be TV shows. Each of these comics compare pretty favorably well established New 52 and Marvel Now releases from the last 2 years.

On a different note, Arrow 1-7 or 1-8 brings somewhere between $21- $25. Thor 1-7 and 1-8 just sold for $20 and $22 this week. Iron Man 1 - 7 went for $12 yesterday. Uncanny Avengers 1-8 brings between $10 and $20. Arrow typically brings as much or more than Wolverine or Savage Wolverine.

Green Arrow 1- 6 brought $30 the last few days and 0-19 brought $69.

I would think the only movie/comic characters bringing more are Batman (always), Superior Spider-man, and Hawkeye (on occasion).

The prices being realized on ToT, PP, Clone, Todd, and even stuff that is in limbo like the 6th Gun are proving this to be a trend. 2c

I am normally against sets for maximum potential as the lion's share of the flip tends to be in #1 then possibly #2 / #3 ... but here with the sharp dropoff in print run towards #8 I am certainly going to entertain a couple of sets.

I am normally against sets for maximum potential as the lion's share of the flip tends to be in #1 then possibly #2 / #3 ... but here with the sharp dropoff in print run towards #8 I am certainly going to entertain a couple of sets.

I'm with you. The drop is dramatic. This could end up being like Rai back in the 90s. Issue number 3 was the most valuable, then 4,1,0,2 in that order. Sets were big because of the 3 and 4 issues. It will be interesting to watch and see.

Yup, I feel exactly the same. The print run is tiny so worth stocking up on all of them. I'm already seeing #2 heating up and #3 is hard to find in the UK just now. #4 onwards are plentiful... for now :applause:

Ive bought Issue 1. But your logic makes sense. But Its what ever issue the collecting community decides they want. Demand will dictate a lot of it. However those low print runs will defiantly win for supply.