• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clone

1,853 posts in this topic

Todd - 100% all day.

Already got toys and boardgame in the works, plus the clothing potential with t-shirts is huge.

Clone will have none of those things.

Todds already hitting $250+

Clone will never reach that level due to the reasons mentioned above.

Plus I feel its the better book of the two.

2c

I know of a private sale on these very boards.

The seller can announce it himself if he wishes, up to him obviously.

Mine went on ebay for $187, which was already mentioned elsewhere.

One sale does not represent the market.

One sale does not represent the market.

Then the private seller and I have done very well.

I don't know what else you would like me to say. I think Todd will be successful - if not I've already paid for my raws and slabbage with the sale I made so I'm in a good spot.

Anything else on top is a bonus.

Theres no right or wrong here - what will be, will be.

I have slabbed Todd and slabbed Clone - I just think Todd will do better.

2c

I saw a Todd set go a few days ago for 15 bucks...

If 9.8 then someone grabbed a great deal.

I think the current market price is not the key here. We all know that with the flooding of the market from folks who want to take some profits, prices will definitely be lower up to the point when the supply clears. current prices not equal to future potential.

Personally, I see Todd being a more memorable IP, when compared to Clone. His appearance is just too distinct not to get noticed.

I will be happy if Todd is the next Chew. (thumbs u

I do. I also think issues 2-10 are going to get tougher to find down the road. It will be interesting to see how things are 6 months from now.

That's a mistake IMHO - ask Peter Panz ( :gossip: ). I'd love to have a stack of Peter Panz 2,3, and 4. Just sayin'

For sure. Going to be VERY tough to find 6-9 at least

Both will do pretty well but IMO Clone will be more mainstream and kick some serious butt. As much as I like Todd, I am not a cartoon/animated show watcher and I just don't see myself watching every week. I will be glued to Clone every episode

With that being said...the print runs for Todd are so small that it will do every well in the 2nd hand market.

A related question since we are talking about TV shows.

Clone is so far out but prices have moved. However, if you look at confirmed shows such as agents of shield, why are prices of their first appearances not moving much? It just seems so strange that something so unsure can be so heavily speculated while something so confirmed is not receiving much attention.

Short answer is simple. Almost everyone on the boards are in panic mode or waiting mode. While not every title is a hit or will get tv show or movie nods, being choosy about titles that have great stories for broad tastes win out. Clone IMO will likely make it to tv and once that happens the prices now will look like bargains. Is it just me that has noticed a considerable drop in postings for the last few months? The topic of shield is a bit different, Nick Fury and the howling commandos have been around a long time (silver age) so a tv show isn't going to bump them long term much either way. Another example is X-men 141 & 142. Those books were not that expensive but the movie hype has put them way above the long term value. After the movie I would predict them dropping back to reality.