• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clone

1,853 posts in this topic

One sold for $75 pretty quick too. I'm starting to get suspicious with only one post by David.

Same seller sold 2 Adlard's at $75 each.

I said right away I didn't believe it was really David posting. Trust me, still hope I am wrong. Would love to see the show and move some of my stock too!

6 9.8 Clone #1's just sold for $55 each

Either seller doesn't believe the rumor, or just another example of killing the modern market.

Book + shipping to cgc + cgc fee+ebay fee + pp fee = not much profit @ $55

if all the books sold within a small time frame of being listed then it isn't going to kill the market at all...that indicates a demand meaning people are willing to pay more.

This was posted by the seller of those auctions on another forum. He's on the up and up:

I just went through my shop and am finding them all over in random boxes, and I think I have a stack or two at my house. I just listed my 9 CGC 9.8 Adlards at $75 and six regular cover 9.8's at $55. Not sure if that is low or not, I just want to make a little money back on them. I'm guessing I still have 75 of each of the #1 covers. I don't think it was on this thread, but I have been 100% confident all along that this would become a show eventually. The writer already has had a few TV shows made and this book totally has the feel of a show, much like season 1 of 24. I am not shocked at all that this show will be made, I think it can easily be one of the top 10 most watched shows on TV for two or three seasons with 8-12 episodes per season. Cha-Ching!

Either seller doesn't believe the rumor, or just another example of killing the modern market.

if all the books sold within a small time frame of being listed then it isn't going to kill the market at all...that indicates a demand meaning people are willing to pay more.

+1

tumblr_lvt8rkWgtk1r7k7dmo1_500.gif

Yea I saw that on BO. I wasn't implying he isn't on the up and up, he is one of the good guys there.

But IMO the post "100% confident" doesn't make much sense with a $55 BIN. I mean in a few days we will know for sure if it was really "David" that posted here.

His books he can sell for whatever, but even today with just a rumor $55 is leaving money on the table. If he is happy with the price, good for him.

As far as killing the market, every one listed OBO will get offers/messages referencing "the last 6 only sold for $55".

And how will our friend get his $449.95 with 2 just selling at $75? doh!

As far as killing the market, every one listed OBO will get offers/messages referencing "the last 6 only sold for $55".

Except those books sold for BINs. They weren't the result of best offers accepted, nor were they the result of auctions, therefore the 55 dollars they went for are not a true indicator of the market value for them. There are around 100 graded copies of the first issue, between the wrap cover and the variant, at the moment, not many for a book with a print run of over 20k

Just an idea here. Don't you guys think CGC should have a special logo to show posters that are verified comic authors or artists?

Of course that would first have to be a verification process to begin with.

I mean in a few days we will know for sure if it was really "David" that posted here.

Speaking of which, I would expect another post following that first one. The more time that passes without a followup, the less confident I get in my massive amount of purchases :wishluck:

I mean in a few days we will know for sure if it was really "David" that posted here.

Speaking of which, I would expect another post following that first one. The more time that passes without a followup, the less confident I get in my massive amount of purchases :wishluck:

We will know in 4 days. :banana:

But, I'll be there starting tomorrow night. I'll try and do some detective work. hm

We will know in 4 days. :banana:

But, I'll be there starting tomorrow night. I'll try and do some detective work. hm

(thumbs u

I would be very surprised if its true, we get an announcement of Todd, go to go, now David (or imposter --- hope im wrong) pops up with an announcement , come on , CLONE in Caps, it's too good to be true, this guy is trying to feed off Todd...Where is he....?