• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Board member ARYAN

450 posts in this topic

Sweet, a thread where everyone argues about how offended they are by maybe-Nazi propa-imagery, :popcorn:

Everyone assumes by my user name that I collect Atlas comics. But they are WRONG! :sumo:

Oh really, Ryan A. ... or is that A. Ryan? Hmm..?

lol

hm I am a Ryan. I guess my collection needs an overhaul. Point me to the nearest racial caricature!

This thread is running on a 1:20 ratio. One post of discussion, 20 posts of rambling. I love it.

Let's start a rambling discussion about ratios. :banana:

I'm always for stream-of-consciousness talks and spontaneous combustion but i think it would be a disservice to your avatar.

Asgard gods do not speak of ratios and flufferry names that sound like bilge snipe.

This thread is running on a 1:20 ratio. One post of discussion, 20 posts of rambling. I love it.

The ratio of people who are now posting on this thread, merely to collect points is about 10 to 1;)

I'm always for stream-of-consciousness talks and spontaneous combustion but i think it would be a disservice to your avatar.

Asgard gods do not speak of ratios and flufferry names that sound like bilge snipe.

My longboat is in the shop.

Otherwise I'd be busy pillaging Englanders.

The ratio of people who are now posting on this thread, merely to collect points is about 10 to 1;)

Never! Err, could people please stop posting now?

This thread needs a good reason to be locked first. If someone posts a picture of Cap 1 then the whole board might be locked forever due to the sheer offensiveness of such an image.

This thread needs a good reason to be locked first. If someone posts a picture of Cap 1 then the whole board might be locked forever due to the sheer offensiveness of such an image.

This thread should be damned for ludicrously demonizing sweet GA books.

I get offended by people even discussing, but not showing, offensive imagery. Nay, I get offended by people even thinking about it. I think someone wrote the word "swastika" earlier in this thread. That person should be BANNED!

I get offended by people even discussing, but not showing, offensive imagery. Nay, I get offended by people even thinking about it. I think someone wrote the word "swastika" earlier in this thread. That person should be BANNED!

I say we ban anyone who likes comics. All that gratuitous violence, crypto-fascist posturing and tight-fitting costumes. Makes me all giddy thinking about such depravity and unseemly decadence. Nurse!!!!!!!!!

I say we ban anyone who likes comics. All that gratuitous violence, crypto-fascist posturing and tight-fitting costumes. Makes me all giddy thinking about such depravity and unseemly decadence. Nurse!!!!!!!!!

all the costumed characters wearing red pants gets you all giddy, eh? :banana:

all the costumed characters wearing red pants gets you all giddy, eh? :banana:

:blush:

A single post by aunt agatha can usually get a thread locked.

Let me try.

I don't know this person Aryan or his/her intentions.

Aryans are the ancient people of northern India. Nothing wrong

with that.

Swastikas are an ancient pagan symbol of seasonal and personal change.

Nothing wrong with that.

Adolf made a problem for the memory of the ancient Aryans and the pagan

Swastika by turning the words and symbols into hate and death.

But he doesn't own them. Never did.

I understand that the Swastika and the word Aryan evoke terrible

and painful memories. Until those memories are healed and long

forgotten under the sands of time, we need to be sensitive in the use

of the words. But that also needs to be balanced with the ancient

pagan memories. The beautiful and olden times. When Swastikas

and Aryans were pretty cool.

But I think we may be 300-500 years from the words being reclaimed.

Such was the damage inflicted by the Nazis. In the meantime,

we owe it to those who have suffered and their descendents to be

sensitive and to be careful of the context in which we use the word

and symbol.

170 posts since yesterday. WTF happened here?*

*too lazy/disinterested to actually read it all.

I have no idea what this thread is about other than there's a shill about named ARYAN, a provocative nom de guerre.