• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #300

13 posts in this topic

GPA sales reports

For a 9.4 expect around $170-$175 as an average price

For 9.2 expect 130-140 as average. price

These are averages. In 2012 GPA recorded a price range of...

9.4 - lowest $115, Highest $275

9.2 - lowest $95 Highest $200

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but if I was to look for a ASM 300 9.2 or 9.4, how much should I expect to pay graded and raw? Thanks.

I would NOT buy this book in 9.2 or 9.4; or possibly even 9.6. This is a very common book that was produced in mass quantities. Most of these have yet to be graded. Therefore, as more and more higher grade copies enter the census; your 9.2 or 9.4, is going to drop in price. Go after a 9.8 in this (if buying); or at the very least, a nice 9.6. With 'copper' age books, 9.8 is the norm unless it is a book with a low print run (i.e. TMNT, Bone, etc.) or something completely esoteric. I would recommend a good solid 9.6, but I fear 'pressing' is going to cause the amount of 9.8 copies to increase drastically. It may even be best to wait a few years before buying. Just some kind advice. Now if you don't mind losing a little when you go to sell; or if you plan to hold it forever, by all means, buy it; if you like it. I would not consider this book a good 'investment' pick if that is why you are buying.

Respectfully,

'mint'

I've picked up several raw copies over the last couple of years in the 9.2 to 9.4 range.....never paying more than $ 60. I passed on a $ 120 copy that looked like a shoo-in for 9.8. I reconsidered and went back to get it and it was gone. Patience can pay off with books like this. Personally, I LOVE that book...and can understand not wanting to wait for a bargain.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Nice......I missed it then as I was out of collecting at the time. You're right.....it is a copper book. I had to pay, ironically, 60 bucks back then for my first copy. I sought out all the McFarlane ASM's after seeing a copy of the first Modern Age comic at the 7-11.....the polybagged Spider-man #1. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but if I was to look for a ASM 300 9.2 or 9.4, how much should I expect to pay graded and raw? Thanks.

I would NOT buy this book in 9.2 or 9.4; or possibly even 9.6. This is a very common book that was produced in mass quantities. Most of these have yet to be graded. Therefore, as more and more higher grade copies enter the census; your 9.2 or 9.4, is going to drop in price. Go after a 9.8 in this (if buying); or at the very least, a nice 9.6. With 'copper' age books, 9.8 is the norm unless it is a book with a low print run (i.e. TMNT, Bone, etc.) or something completely esoteric. I would recommend a good solid 9.6, but I fear 'pressing' is going to cause the amount of 9.8 copies to increase drastically. It may even be best to wait a few years before buying. Just some kind advice. Now if you don't mind losing a little when you go to sell; or if you plan to hold it forever, by all means, buy it; if you like it. I would not consider this book a good 'investment' pick if that is why you are buying.

Respectfully,

'mint'

Wouldn't you lose more by buying a 9.8 when you come to sell ?

If this book were to tank, 9.8 and 9.9 would be the grades that get hit the hardest.

IMO this book has already had it's adjustment in price though and is pretty stable now.

Hi All,

Respectfully,

'mint'

Wouldn't you lose more by buying a 9.8 when you come to sell ?

If this book were to tank, 9.8 and 9.9 would be the grades that get hit the hardest.

IMO this book has already had it's adjustment in price though and is pretty stable now.

Had this of been a true pre-1975 'bronze age' book, I would NOT recommend a grade anywhere near 9.8. HOWEVER, this is a common as day 'copper age' book. So here is what you have to contend with; all those wonderful collectors, dealers, and speculators that still have these books ungraded sitting alone on a shelf or in storage. Then, they find out how much these sell for in high grade. Now you have massive supply coming onto the market (over the course of several years or even decades). In this case however, most of these books (aside from the top 10% or so), are going to end up in 9.2-9.6 range(of those books that are of high grade). Therefore, this becomes a simple equation of supply and demand; and hence the reason I will not touch a common key published during the copper age or modern eras; unless it is at least a solid 9.8.

Kind Regards,

'mint'