• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what is the best website to buy modern cgc 9.8s???

18 posts in this topic

Reynold Jay has a TON of 9.8s from 1975 to present. Although he has so many that he's got a lot of customers and most of them are sold now...but he's sending more off to get slabbed all the time. I bought a bunch of his early CGC 9.8/white paged 1977 Spectacular Spider-Mans and was very pleased. He promptly provided scans upon request.

His web site is http://www.biccomix.com/

well if you are looking for e-bay sellers/stores you can always look at our own Darthdiesel Comics and Collectibles. I havent actually bought anything from him, but from the auctions I lost seems like he has good customer service. and if not, you can always just flame him here wink.gifgrin.gif

I wanna buy from Darth also!!! He increased prices a bit lately though (I think), a beautiful DD #28 vol.2 9.9 with a wonderful Alexander Maleev cover would be something to strife for though. *sigh*

Darth, since I am probably getting married too this year: Is it hard to convince your spouse that the money needs to be invested in COMICS and not into a NEW KITCHEN or something similar?

He increased prices a bit lately though (I think), a beautiful DD #28 vol.2 9.9 with a wonderful Alexander Maleev cover would be something to strife for though

That Maleev cover has your name on it and it has not increased (nor decreased) from the initial price? $100, I believe we were all discussing in a past thread...

My advice is: put your money into the kitchen. You can't cook/eat/bake a comic....

Only use discretionary funds for your comics. And no dipping into the wedding gift money for this one, jens...that's for the honeymoon, new house, baby....whatever...not a near perfect Maleev cover....what if you had a raw copy that might grade a 9.9?

I do not need to convince the wife as I ALWAYS take care of her (and baby, soon wink.gif ) first before I go blowing money on 30/35 cent variants lately...ugghhhh...too many BSDs in the variant pool lately....

You are a full time ebayer

No, Jens...I am not. I may be a powerseller but I don't make enough on eBay to support my dog's vet bill. Regardless eBay reports my income to the IRS ...GRRRR!!! mad.giftongue.gif

or you have an actual job besides ebay?

Yes I have a full time, non-eBay related job in the traditional sense. But for some eBay can generate enough income to be considered an actual job. eBay spammed the Powersellers with a health plan tongue.gif

Does your household depend on you generating income with comic books

To some degree, it benefits from my sales, but I wouldn't consider that my household's situation DEPENDED, per se, on my eBay activities. If it did, we'd be living in a shanty where the walls where made up of the longboxes that held my stock and the roof would consist of several treasury editions thatched together tongue.gif

Regardless eBay reports my income to the IRS
Whoa, I had never thought of this.

So are you keeping track of your buying costs, slabbing costs, and other operating costs, deducting that from your sales totals, and reporting that? Feel free to post your official answer here and PM me the real one. smile.gif

Oh hell yeah..you can count on my tracking everything. All invoices to CGC, ebay sales, purchases, purchases from my local retailer, from comic central.com, all Post Office receipts, etc

If it is comic sales related, it is noted and will be filed. It has been for the past two years, since 2000.

It is easy to do, with easy MS apps like Excel. grin.gif