• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legends In the Fall Tour

11 posts in this topic

Sorry for the lateness of this announcment and the short submission dealine.

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Desert Wind Comics, in cooperation with Vanguard Productions, proudly presents legendary comic book creators:

Neal Adams

Dick Ayers

Camine Infantino

John Romita

Joe Sinnott

Steranko

Len Wein

in the

2012 Legends In The Fall Tour.

DWC is once again offering an opportunity that only comes around once a year. Since 2009, DWC has set up a chance for fans and collectors alike to get their prized collectibles to be signed by some of the greatest comic book creators that live today. These men have set the standard for the comic book industry over the years that many creators today can only dream of reaching. So here is your chance to get the signature of Neal Adams, Dick Ayers, Carmine Infantino, John Romita,, Joe Sinnott, Steranko and Len Wein. Many of these creators you never or very rarely see make a public appearance throughout the year so this may be your only chance.

The mail-in deadline to submit your items to be signed is Friday, October 5th, 2012. The signings are scheduled to take place during the weekend of October 13th. We will be accepting walk-up submissions at NYCC at the DWC booth (#405). At the time of this announcement there is no limitation of the number of books you can submit. Complete submission details and pricing for this event will be listed on the Desert Wind Comics website. Pricing will be as follows:

Our pricing for the different tiers is as follows:

Modern..........$50.00

Economy.......$65.00

Standard.......$95.00

Express........$130.00

Additional Signatures will be $30.00 each. (If you are adding more then 4 additional signatures to the same book then the rate is $25.00 per additional signature instead of $30.00.)

Walk-Thru (quoted based on value)

PLEASE NOTE THAT STAN LEE MAY BE ADDED TO ANY SUBMISSION FOR $90.00.

These prices include the creator signing fee, CGC grading and encapsulating.

DON'T FORGET THAT THE MAIL-IN SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5th.

If you can get the books out Priority Mail by Thursday, we should get them in our office by Monday which will work. Unfortunately due to all of the shows DWC has been doing and waiting for responses from creators it just pushed everything back. Sorry. We leave for New York a week from Wednesday so as long as the books show up in the office by next Monday we are ok. Does that help? Really sorry for the lateness of the announcement. We are also accepting walk up submissions at the NYCC.

If you can get the books out Priority Mail by Thursday, we should get them in our office by Monday which will work. Unfortunately due to all of the shows DWC has been doing and waiting for responses from creators it just pushed everything back. Sorry. We leave for New York a week from Wednesday so as long as the books show up in the office by next Monday we are ok. Does that help? Really sorry for the lateness of the announcement. We are also accepting walk up submissions at the NYCC.

just realized that Columbus day has screwed me...

USPS attempted a delivery on Saturday, and there's no USPS this Monday thanks to Columbus day...

:censored:

We forgot about Columbus Day too. So we are expecting a boat load of books to show up tomorrow and we will be prepping and packing all night long. We are already at 600 books in our office without the packages for tomorrow. So we will be busy.

:applause: I'm so happy to hear it's been a success so far!

We forgot about Columbus Day too. So we are expecting a boat load of books to show up tomorrow and we will be prepping and packing all night long. We are already at 600 books in our office without the packages for tomorrow. So we will be busy.

I expect you will have your own mail truck arrive today. Good luck with that! :applause:

Enjoy NY, and definitely let me know the next time you get access to Infantino, Ayers, Sinnott, and Wein. They are the next 4 on my list to get now that I have acquired a Frank Miller SS. Trying to get at least one book from each of the greats before the opportunity is no longer there.