• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMC Comic Book Men - Season 2

28 posts in this topic

people need to take this show less serious.

There were a lot of people throwing rocks at this show last season

because of the odd portrayal of the hobby, but the banner and ridiculous

behavior of the employees is exactly what I remember of some LCS's.

Even the huge mistakes and miss values were part of nutso LCS's of old.

I say of old, because they aren't around anymore.

What's sleazy about it? They don't do anything different than any other retailer who takes in used merchandise for resale.

I stand corrected. Wrong wording...but the main thrust is that it's a relief knowing I won't have to immediately lose half of my value when I go to sell...now I have the market doing that for me. :roflmao:

The typical offer on anything, anywhere is going to be half of what the retailer thinks he can sell it for. I don't care if he's selling comics, coins, guitars, or antique dining room tables.

So do you think they made a reasonable offer on the 'Tec #35 in the first episode?

Did you actually watch it? I don't think for a second that the guy was only offered $300. You don't see Walter's face when he says $300, and the audio changes like it was edited after the fact because a TV person thought it would play better that way.

The real set up is that the guy was never going to sell it. It's sitting in the owner's store in NJ at a massive number because he doesn't want to sell.

I'll be watching.

The manager(mike?) bugs me.

The one who pussed out on getting a tattoo and then tried to pretend like he was only kidding about getting one and that all the others were stupid for believing him.

I also thought ming was learning disabled for the first couple episodes

What's sleazy about it? They don't do anything different than any other retailer who takes in used merchandise for resale. A retailer is in business to make money. To make money, you can't pay market value for the stuff you want to sell. The typical offer on anything, anywhere is going to be half of what the retailer thinks he can sell it for. I don't care if he's selling comics, coins, guitars, or antique dining room tables.

+1

People need to do their homework on what their item is worth before going to sell it at a place like this. Plus, it isn't like the must sell the item once an offer is made.