• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMC Comic Book Men - Season 2

28 posts in this topic

Who's looking forward to a new season of this show and what did you think about season 1?

I didn't love season 1, I've got to be honest. I thought the show could have been a lot better, but it seemed to miss the mark for me. There was just a little too much "reality tv nonsense", which I guess they figure some people enjoy, I'm not one of them.

That said I'll most likely check out atleast some of the new season before writting it off.

i do enjoy the pawnstars aspect of it and seeing what people bring in and the analysis they give for the items. My favorite part about season 1 is that expert guy they bring in to authenticate something or not sure what something is. That guy was supercool

I'll probably watch every episode without fail - just because it's generally about comics and that's enough for me. But it can be pretty painful....

Well said. I will watch them all just because it is comics.

I'll probably watch every episode without fail - just because it's generally about comics and that's enough for me. But it can be pretty painful....

This is pretty much how I feel. Sometimes I can't stand the guy who runs the store... and the old guy with the beard does not add much to the show at all.

I hated when they had "Jay" on the show and ruinded my memory of his works from the Jay and Silent Bob movies.

The guy who comes in appraises things for them is the best part of the show. He should have a spinoff.

I like the appraiser. The show is basically a calling card on how sleazy comic shops are at offering money for the books. Which is totally fine b/c it's a brick and mortar store...but luckily, there's better options now.

This show is a love/hate relationship with me. I don't have cable anymore, so unless it's offered on Hulu or Netflix I guess I won't be watching it.

I liked this show - it's all staged, and the discussions are painfully generic - but I had no problems watching this show, and it's a fun diversion to watch. However, I have Dish Network, so I am screwed. No WD or Comic Book Men.

I enjoyed season 1 even though it was incredibly cheesy and mostly staged. I don't know, anything about comics is good enough for me - I like when Kevin Smith was on the radio panel talking... and I really enjoy when people bring in things to sell.

I liked when the chick wanted Hulk 180 and Hulk 181 and she had to convince her bf to buy it. I made sure my gf saw that part lol

They've streamlined it for Season 2. They will only be 30-minute episodes.

As for Brian Johnson - you guys must need to adjust your sets. He's hilarious. If you've followed any of their other exploits you'll know that he's been giving Ming mess since around 1998.

The show is basically a calling card on how sleazy comic shops are at offering money for the books.

What's sleazy about it? They don't do anything different than any other retailer who takes in used merchandise for resale. A retailer is in business to make money. To make money, you can't pay market value for the stuff you want to sell. The typical offer on anything, anywhere is going to be half of what the retailer thinks he can sell it for. I don't care if he's selling comics, coins, guitars, or antique dining room tables.

I liked when the chick wanted Hulk 180 and Hulk 181 and she had to convince her bf to buy it. I made sure my gf saw that part lol

I used my DVR to record that episode and made sure to watch when the GF was over. after i asked why can't you be like that. :roflmao:

The typical offer on anything, anywhere is going to be half of what the retailer thinks he can sell it for. I don't care if he's selling comics, coins, guitars, or antique dining room tables.

So do you think they made a reasonable offer on the 'Tec #35 in the first episode?

Did you actually watch it? I don't think for a second that the guy was only offered $300. You don't see Walter's face when he says $300, and the audio changes like it was edited after the fact because a TV person thought it would play better that way.

Personally, I don't find Brian funny, he's boringly predictable. You know what he's going to say before he says it.

I don't find them knowledgeable in any way, they look like used car salesmen tripping over themselves (and I can say that as I come from a family of used car salesmen).

I won't be watching the show. I'd rather watch paint dry and give my time and money to something with a little more value.