• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's your one way ticket to midnight - The official Heavy Metal thread!

72 posts in this topic

August 1981. Cover by Esteban Marato.

This is the infamous issue that caused my mom to throw all my Heavy Metals in the garbage.

The back cover is an illustration of a chrome rabbit having sex with a chrome turtle.

When mom saw it for the hundredth time and finally realized what it was she lost her mess on me. :ohnoez:

Good times. :cloud9:

And back cover on this too please :)

I'll try to get a scan up tomorrow. I've been busy for the past week.

Great run Dice, its nice to see some magazine love on the boards. Heavy Metal is definitely under the radar right now but it has some great art and was/is hugely influential. The modern book Saga seem like a direct descendant of some of the trippy sci-fi stories. I have a box of high grade heavy metal sitting around so if you want to send me your list I may be able to track down some nice copies.

Oh joy! :whee:

I also have access to some HG Heavy Metals (for cheap!). Send list for chance at free Heavy Metal. :baiting:

Great run Dice, its nice to see some magazine love on the boards. Heavy Metal is definitely under the radar right now but it has some great art and was/is hugely influential. The modern book Saga seem like a direct descendant of some of the trippy sci-fi stories. I have a box of high grade heavy metal sitting around so if you want to send me your list I may be able to track down some nice copies.

Oh joy! :whee:

I also have access to some HG Heavy Metals (for cheap!). Send list for chance at free Heavy Metal. :baiting:

Same collection this came from:

IMG00704-20111220-2048.jpg

June 1978. Cover by Caza.

130640.jpg

:gossip:

Try again, Skippy; that's Jusko (his first professional work).

Indeed you are correct. That's what I get for copying the credits from MyComicShop.com :facepalm:

Issue #7 with a Nicollet cover.

The back cover is one of the greatest Wrightson pinups ever.

Back cover scan please! :wishluck:

A better scan. Such a fantastic pinup. :cloud9:

131089.jpg.5d5f5b8b717c003c17298020616d6289.jpg

August 1981. Cover by Esteban Marato.

This is the infamous issue that caused my mom to throw all my Heavy Metals in the garbage.

The back cover is an illustration of a chrome rabbit having sex with a chrome turtle.

When mom saw it for the hundredth time and finally realized what it was she lost her mess on me. :ohnoez:

Good times. :cloud9:

And back cover on this too please :)

I should send this to mom. hm

131090.jpg.8274fbc3443c6bec87c7dca9506601f0.jpg