• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Contest: Sign Up Now! Prizes!

229 posts in this topic

There's no way to say this nice, so I'll just call bull.

Sorry, but I just checked the census and there's only one Archie 130, and guess what. It's a 6.0. Farmers Daughter. Same, only one on the census. ARK's good and he's only been getting 3 points on these.

I hope I'm wrong and everything is on the up and up.

Edit: I've read this a few times now and it sounds very petty, even to myself. However I'm going to leave it how it is. Sorry if I step on some toes.

I trust Nick on his grading skills and his word.

I have been runner-up to him or beaten by him in the past years contests.(It does get a little old, but he is pretty stinking good) (thumbs u

These contests are for fun and learning and thanks to the guys that put them on. :applause:

Sorry, but I just checked the census and there's only one Archie 130, and guess what. It's a 6.0. Farmers Daughter. Same, only one on the census. ARK's good and he's only been getting 3 points on these.

Edit: I've read this a few times now and it sounds very petty, even to myself. However I'm going to leave it how it is. Sorry if I step on some toes.

I have been runner-up to him or beaten by him in the past years contests.(It does get a little old, but he is pretty stinking good) (thumbs u

These contests are for fun and learning and thanks to the guys that put them on. :applause:

:applause:

Heck, one of the few times there was a contest and no one bring up the issue of potential cheating is my own contest a few months back
Not exactly true as Oak pointed out the potential about the use of the census right away. Then you brought up the point yourself that grades must be in before the books hit the census after you received the grades. Interesting read, I did alright, not great.

I guess this being my first contest I wasn't aware this issue had been beaten to death, etanick does have a rep for being a solid grader and I shouldn't have jumped the gun accusing anyone of anything. Hopefully I didn't ruin something that was meant for entertainment purposes, sorry etanick.

my point was no one accused the people that did well cheated in my contest.

hell, I have been accused of worse...like not able to count bubbles.

you did miss two bubbles.

+1

and hopefully now, for those that can remember, small pieces that size out of the back cover is doable for 6.0. Great learning tools for me when it comes to all the contests...otherwise, the myriad of books that we all gave opinions on the daily basis here don't really help any of us in grading because we don't really know the result from CGC.

I guess this being my first contest I wasn't aware this issue had been beaten to death, etanick does have a rep for being a solid grader and I shouldn't have jumped the gun accusing anyone of anything. Hopefully I didn't ruin something that was meant for entertainment purposes, sorry etanick.

no apology needed since you are a noob :baiting: I pointed out the census and organized my contest in that manner to squash the fear of people cheating. I thought more people shied away from previous contests because they felt there are cheaters abound so I did my that way hoping to lure in more players...NOT.

Standings after book 8

etanick 34

ARK 26

zuckuss2003 22

Point Five 21

Medium Lover 20

John Grumbledook 19

thespazz 17

wipple 15

Divad 15

Hado 14

AJD 14

The Collector 13

Mr. Lodge 13

Crimebuster 11

comicdey 10

Anon512 5

Whew...dodge a bullet with this one. My brain was thinking 4.5 after the first book that got a 5.0 with that big spine split but somehow I typed 5.5 when I submitted my guess. I was certain I would get zero here.

Standings after book 8

etanick 34

ARK 26

zuckuss2003 22

Point Five 21

Medium Lover 20

John Grumbledook 19

thespazz 17

wipple 15

Divad 15

Hado 14

AJD 14

The Collector 13

Mr. Lodge 13

Crimebuster 11

comicdey 10

Anon512 5

did I not get a point because I rocked the boat?

Standings after book 8

etanick 34

ARK 26

zuckuss2003 22

Point Five 21

Medium Lover 20

John Grumbledook 19

thespazz 17

wipple 15

Divad 15

Hado 14

AJD 14

The Collector 13

Mr. Lodge 13

Crimebuster 11

comicdey 10

Anon512 5

did I not get a point because I rocked the boat?

No point for you! :sumo:

Just missed it :(

Corrected standings after book 8

etanick 34

ARK 26

zuckuss2003 22

Point Five 21

Medium Lover 20

John Grumbledook 19

thespazz 17

wipple 15

Divad 15