• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Who here has a copy of issue 1 first print they want to sell? Not going to flip. I went to the store yesterday and picked up issue two, dont want to read it until I get issue 1.

Just pm me.

Not certain, but I think you can download the first issue for free on comixology.

JACKPOT!!!! Walked in the store and purchased 4 1's and 3 2's all for cover price!!!! :banana:

Woah! Great snag Carter. That's easy money right there. Nowhere Men is on fire on ebay right now. This last set of 1 and 2 I was watching sold for $43. It maybe time for me to add another Thought Bubble Variant first print.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230916210086?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Check out this listing for #1 - 1 of 2 available copies have already sold at this level:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMAGE-NOWHERE-MEN-1-FIRST-PRINT-NM-INVEST-NOW-SOLD-OUT-/230917518945?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item35c3c1b661#ht_1038wt_1399

JACKPOT!!!! Walked in the store and purchased 4 1's and 3 2's all for cover price!!!! :banana:

Woah! Great snag Carter. That's easy money right there. Nowhere Men is on fire on ebay right now. This last set of 1 and 2 I was watching sold for $43. It maybe time for me to add another Thought Bubble Variant first print.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230916210086?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Check out this listing for #1 - 1 of 2 available copies have already sold at this level:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMAGE-NOWHERE-MEN-1-FIRST-PRINT-NM-INVEST-NOW-SOLD-OUT-/230917518945?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item35c3c1b661#ht_1038wt_1399

Yeah, its blowing up. A couple weeks ago it was $10, then the following week it was $20. Insane. This is following the trend of Saga and Peter Panzarfaust. Except, Saga had a much higher print run.

Edited by jreezy

They were like $20 a few days ago... Now they are getting towards $50 for the set.. Lost an auction last night they ended up selling around $50

Good thing I got a couple sets and other slightly beat copies.

Im really excited to see where this series is going. Seems as though the main characters have yet to be fully introduced and looks like it should start picking up by issue 5.

Honestly Ill probably try to trade a revival set for some nowhere men soon

Issue 3 next week... Ill probably grab a handful anyway

Edited by wushugushu

saga is a lot more established though, i think slow burners like saga and revival, have more staying power. It's sketchy when books go to far too fast.

The thing is, this book was a relative slow burner until the last week or so when people caught on after #2. I think the low print run combined with lack of initial interest due to a so-so preview is the kicker here. Those of us that read #1 and liked them snapped up the remaining copies before #2 hit and now the lack of supply is fueling prices.

I think the low print run combined with lack of initial interest due to a so-so preview is the kicker here.

Interesting that the print run is less than 1/3 of Saga #1... very interesting hm

So......it should be worth 3x the price of Saga #1 at the same point of the series. :idea:lol

Wow 40 bones that's incredible. I'm not a negative guy but something tells me that of all the recent IMAGE #1's that I own this is the title I should dump. I have between 7-10 #1's and if I can get $30+ issue I know I will be kicking myself a year from now when the title will most likely be around $10.

I understand why titles like SAGA, Thief of Thieves, PP, and Revival are hot but why is this title? Somebody help me change my mind. I don't like having negative thoughts about a title I own.

I'm not saying it's not a better read. Thief of Thieves, PP, and Revival have TV deals or might be getting TV deals. Same with CHEW. This has lead to a lot of speculation and price hikes. NoWhere Men's price is not based on this.

So what's the reason the title is taking off? The print run is only 11,815 but I think Think Tank was in the 6,000's. I have read the comic and think it's good but not great IMO.

One more thing off topic does anyone have the print runs for CHEW #1 and Bedlam #1?

Edited by raybowles

Wow 40 bones that's incredible. I'm not a negative guy but something tells me that of all the recent IMAGE #1's that I own this is the title I should dump. I have between 7-10 #1's and if I can get $30+ issue I know I will be kicking myself a year from now when the title will most likely be around $10.

I understand why titles like SAGA, Thief of Thieves, PP, and Revival are hot but why is this title? Somebody help me change my mind. I don't like having negative thoughts about a title I own.

Honestly I prefer the themes of Nowhere Men over these other series. Only 2 issues in so Im not going to say its better than Saga but for me it has the potential to be.

So what's the reason the title is taking off? The print run is only 11,815 but I think Think Tank was in the 6,000's. I have read the comic and think it's good but not great IMO.

One more thing of topic does anyone have the print runs for CHEW #1 and Bedlam #1?

Hey buddy... I think titles in the sci fi / brainy genre are really hot right now. Think Tank IS awesome and highly under-rated. Nowhere Men is also awesome, but too early to tell how awesome it will be. For example, I like Manhattan Projects too, but by issue #7 I was like, "I'm not sure where they are going with this series." HOWEVER, #8 brought it back home for me and I'm in love again. As it has been said, to each their own. I think NWM is here to stay for a while. We'll see.

Question for the board. I see lots of posts where you guys are getting multiple copies of different issues at your local LCS or on line from a company. If you submitted these copies to CGC would most of them get a 9.8? If not what percentage do you think would? I only purchase CGC graded comics when I'm buying back issues and I have a HUGE problem getting 9.8 quality copies of new issues at my LCS(and I have 5 that are close by).

I have sent emails to some of the on line companies that are recommended on this board and every one said they can't guarantee I would receive 9.6 or 9.8 quality books. Are you guys having the same problem?

You live in Orange,Calif. Do you go to Comics toons and toys in Tustin? I hand pick mine from there every Wednesday. (thumbs u

I like this title better than PP or Revival, but to each their own.

I just finished PP trade today and I have to admit it is a great read. I also enjoy reading revival as well. Nowhere Men, kinda confused me with the who traveling back into time with the story, but I'm curious to see where it is going. It's too early, but I think people are discovering this title slowly which is causing the price to on ebay to creep up.

We can't truly say its all about the low print run numbers. if that was the case, Think tank would have caught fire by now.

I just finished PP trade today and I have to admit it is a great read. I also enjoy reading revival as well. Nowhere Men, kinda confused me with the who traveling back into time with the story, but I'm curious to see where it is going. It's too early, but I think people are discovering this title slowly which is causing the price to on ebay to creep up.

We can't truly say its all about the low print run numbers. if that was the case, Think tank would have caught fire by now.

The art is PP is terrible. It was so bad I had trouble reading the book itself.

Id take NWM any day of the week.

One more thing of topic does anyone have the print runs for CHEW #1 and Bedlam #1?

Hey buddy... I think titles in the sci fi / brainy genre are really hot right now. Think Tank IS awesome and highly under-rated. Nowhere Men is also awesome, but too early to tell how awesome it will be. For example, I like Manhattan Projects too, but by issue #7 I was like, "I'm not sure where they are going with this series." HOWEVER, #8 brought it back home for me and I'm in love again. As it has been said, to each their own. I think NWM is here to stay for a while. We'll see.

I'll go so far as to say it's non-superhero genres are what it is. I think there are 2-3 superhero books I enjoy.

The art is PP is terrible. It was so bad I had trouble reading the book itself.

Id take NWM any day of the week.

the art is what makes peter panzerfaust....helps me to suspend belief. Reminds me a bit of Classics Illustrated. A perfect comic to read in front of a fire on a cold winter's night.

Edited by krighton