• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Hi Eric :hi:

Love this book so far! You can really tell that everyone is putting in a lot of work into it with all the extra's like the magazine articles. I really like that the multiple printings have different covers as well.

I also agree about leaving a few behind for new readers. I know people get excited about hoarding but a book can't continue if it doesn't start to pick up new readers.

Fantastic news about the orders increasing. Hopefully everyone has started to add this to their pull lists now :headbang:

Edited by Tuff Ghost

Hey, someone pointed this thread out to me and I wanted to first say, thanks for taking the interest in the book. Nate, Steven, Jordie and I are all putting a tremendous amount of work into this, and it's cool that you've decided it's worth collecting.

Secondly, since you guys seem to be basing your print run information off the sales estimates posted on ICV2.com and elsewhere, I thought I'd share some info with you.

To begin with, those numbers do not encapsulate the entire print for ANY comic. Those are order estimates only, and what's more, they only take into account U.S. orders. Orders made through Diamond UK are not included. What's more, the number that is reported is only what has invoiced through Diamond before the month closes out. Generally speaking, the number reported online represents the orders for a title at the time initial orders are cut off. (This occurs around three weeks before the in-store date.)

Beyond that, the copies sent to Diamond do not constitute the entire print run. Image distributes comp copies to a variety of outlets, plus the individual members of the creative team request copies in various amounts.

So that said, these are the actual print runs for the book so far:

NWM 1 - 13,825 (13,500 to Diamond)

NWM 1 Thought Bubble Exclusive - 850 (500 to Thought Bubble)

NWM 1 Second Printing - 2,550 (2,400 to Diamond)

NWM 2 - 9,350 (9,034 to Diamond)

NWM 2 Second Printing - 3,650 (3,400 to Diamond)

NWM 3 - 9,347 (9,028 to Diamond)

Issue three was sold out at Diamond as of this Monday, and a second printing is on the way. Also, for what it's worth, as of now, it's looking like orders for issue four will be higher than those for issue three.

Anyway, thanks again for the support, it means a lot, but also -- save some copies for others. As you know, the value on books like this is only sustained if the book is successful, and the only way NWM will be successful over the long haul is a) if we do our jobs and make it good, and b) new readers continue to discover it.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Thanks to you and your team creating such a great series.

I also agree about leaving a few behind for new readers. I know people get excited about hoarding but a book can't continue if it doesn't start to pick up new readers.

Tell you what:

I've been sending signed copies to interested retailers to help promote the book, usually around 20 per issue, but for issue three, I'd be more than happy to send a few to posters on this board who get their stores to carry more (or to order them at all, for the guys who said their stores aren't ordering the book.)

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Tell you what:

I've been sending signed copies to interested retailers to help promote the book, usually around 20 per issue, but for issue three, I'd be more than happy to send a few to posters on this board who get their stores to carry more (or to order them at all, for the guys who said their stores aren't ordering the book.)

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

My store don't carry it unless people pre-order in advance, it would be great to help promote this book for you.

Edited by Top papi

Tell you what:

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

omg can I have a signed copy Please Please Please

if yes. I'll send you a message with my real name so I can have it signed toward me.

I'll pay for the shipping.

Edited by MetalPanda360

I preordered 3 copies of #3 and talked it up quite a bit with my LCS guys, and I know he said he had upped his orders based on the demand (not entirely my doing, I am sure, but it still shows the health of demand for this excellent book).

Love all the great titles Image has been putting out!

Tell you what:

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Has been a huge pleasure to read this book but #3 sold out so fast! I would have a huge interest in getting a copy so I can help get the word out. Thanks again for all the great work

Edited by wushugushu

Just PM me with addresses, and I'll send out this week. Limit one each.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

This makes me so happy I decided to support the series before it launched. Its great to see the creator cares about it so much as well

Just PM me with addresses, and I'll send out this week. Limit one each.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

This is very nice of you. Thank you for the information you provided and keep up the great work on this book!

:)

amazing, nice to have numbers that no one can argue with. Thank you for taking the time to post here. Refreshing to hear a creator speak to the speculation too. A strong secondary market draws in more readers (WD, Saga, etc), but I agree that people need to not get so carried away that they start harming a title they believe in.