• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been asked before but from interviews it looks like you've had the idea for this series for quite a while. I know you don't like to give too much away in terms of story but just seeing all the extra material in the books gives the impression that you really have a good grasp on world and the characters.

Are you quite far ahead in your planning of the series? Curious how many issues you have already in the can.

I know it's a little early but I'd love if you did something like the hardcovers that Chew and WD have with all the teaser covers and magazine articles.

Yeah, it's something I've been working on for a long time. There were a couple failed attempts with other artists. That's where the two (now out of continuity) previews in INVINCIBLE 19-20 come from.

In terms of overall planning, I've got 12 issues mapped out in a general sense, with things getting bounce around a bit depending on where we are with the actual execution. The nice thing about having things planned out for so long is that I can re-evaluate where I want to put certain scenes or character bits. For issue five, there was something I realized would either work well there, or could be used in issue seven, and that's a nice feeling, being able to let the story kind of find its own way.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

E.S. quick question -

I know that a blank cover for WD would sell well, especially to the sketch collectors.

An Image Firsts WD #1 blank for $3.99?

Would that be possible / been discussed?

I doubt we'd do that for an Image Firsts book as the whole brief there is $1 comics, but I don't think a blank cover for TWD in the not-too-distant future is out of the question.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com