• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Happy to announce that I was able to get 1 of the 4 pages I initially emailed Nate about.

(1 was digital, 2 were already sold)

i wanted a cover but way out of my price range.

What was he asking for a cover?

$3500 is what I was quoted which I would have happily paid but after adding up pages I wanted...I was already pretty up there.

Edited by VEI Reborn

i'm sure it's worth it, just out of my league...great artist. I think i was told $3500 but it included the back cover also (issue 3). I got a splash page for $200 from issue 3. So there are some affordable pages. But quite a few digital also.

and he's not selling (at this time) the double monster escaping page from issue #1.

Edited by krighton

So...the front cover is an arm...and the back cover is a...an....inside-out monster?

Sure, his art, his price. Fair enough. He is absolutely entitled to ask whatever he wants for his art. No argument there. However, I also think that we are entitled to discuss his prices...and that price is absolutely effin' crazy. Did he suddenly become David Finch over night?

I can't even see a Jim Lee arm going for $3500.

So...the front cover is an arm...and the back cover is a...an....inside-out monster?

Sure, his art, his price. Fair enough. He is absolutely entitled to ask whatever he wants for his art. No argument there. However, I also think that we are entitled to discuss his prices...and that price is absolutely effin' crazy. Did he suddenly become David Finch over night?

I'm not an authority on OA (at all), but it seems the artist is (1) trying to get the $$$ that would be had (potentially) on the secondary market, (2) not eager to sell, (3) has a lot of faith in the titles future value, and (4) a combination of the above. 2c

It's worth noting that the issue #3 cover illustrations are the first that are 100% Nate's work, whereas #1 and #2 both had digital contributions from myself, which I guess might make the OA for each a bit less impressive from a collector's point of view.

Based on what we've discussed for future covers, I'd say #3 may end up being one of the few where the line art as you see it on the book will be the lines you're getting on the bristol board.

Steven

I'm not an authority on OA (at all), but it seems the artist is (1) trying to get the $$$ that would be had (potentially) on the secondary market, (2) not eager to sell, (3) has a lot of faith in the titles future value, and (4) a combination of the above. 2c

Spot on!

It's worth noting that the issue #3 cover illustrations are the first that are 100% Nate's work, whereas #1 and #2 both had digital contributions from myself, which I guess might make the OA for each a bit less impressive from a collector's point of view.

Based on what we've discussed for future covers, I'd say #3 may end up being one of the few where the line art as you see it on the book will be the lines you're getting on the bristol board.

Steven

First E.S., now Fono, this thread keeps getting better and better each day :headbang: