• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Is it me, or is there something up with the paper stock of all the NWM conics where they get very wavy? All of mine are like that, 1,2, and 3...

Yea.. I have a few like that.

Nothing a good press won't fix. (thumbs u

I will agree. It will be hard to find this book (Thought Bubble) in 9.8. I noticed something on my book before I sent it off. I hope :wishluck: that I can squeak out a 9.8. I am pretty sure it will be a 9.6 at least. Not sure if I am going crazy but it seemed like the cover paper quality is different from the regular cover. E.S., can you confirm this? Is the paper stock different between the two?

I haven't even touched a thought bubble, but from the pictures the paper quality looks lighter/glossier. IMHO

It's the same matte paper on both. It's actually the ink that has a slight sheen. You can check the white parts of the TB cover (logo, figures) and see they're non-reflective.

Hey E.S. -

If you do a THIRD PRINT of NWM #1, I'd like to request this as the cover. :wishluck:

Ryan

There is already a 3rd print of NWM#1, so maybe for the 4th :P

myzZdUn.jpg it is like #1 but with a different effect on the head.

Second printing of issue #3

ZK6oYSL.jpg

Edited by Tuff Ghost

I will agree. It will be hard to find this book (Thought Bubble) in 9.8. I noticed something on my book before I sent it off. I hope :wishluck: that I can squeak out a 9.8. I am pretty sure it will be a 9.6 at least. Not sure if I am going crazy but it seemed like the cover paper quality is different from the regular cover. E.S., can you confirm this? Is the paper stock different between the two?

It's the exact same paper.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

You know... I knew that doh!

But forgot.

Thanks for the reminder.... 4th it is! :wishluck:

The poster image will only ever be a poster image, sorry.

And FYI -- there's a one-sided print with that image that was available at SDCC lats year, printed on heavier stock, then there's the double-sided poster that was sent to retailers. Either way, that was done solely as a promo image and won't be used as a cover.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

You know... I knew that doh!

But forgot.

Thanks for the reminder.... 4th it is! :wishluck:

The poster image will only ever be a poster image, sorry.

And FYI -- there's a one-sided print with that image that was available at SDCC lats year, printed on heavier stock, then there's the double-sided poster that was sent to retailers. Either way, that was done solely as a promo image and won't be used as a cover.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

One can wish... :sorry: