• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

That damage definitely stopped me from bidding on it, I was mulling it over all week. Also the fact that he took 16 days to send me a book from Derby to North Wales the week before didn't help, I think he mailed it on a bakewell tart and all the posties were stopping to sample it :sick:

No one really needs to order 20....bit excessive

The two at 20 copies and I think one just wanted to help reach 20 books so he kept upping his quant :D

Again thanks to everyone for taking part. I am glad I can help out.

Wow. 20 copies? And all I wanted was 1 copy for my collection and I sent a PM about a possible SS. Looks like I was too late to the party though.

THanks for doing the service though Menace.

yup, click on his profile and choose ignore this user.

Did not know this! Thanks!

Anyway, finally got these in from the UK. Took more than a month to get to me but they are in great condition. I'm thinking these should at the very least be 9.6 with a very good chance at 9.8s.

photo-5_zps2cd3ce1a.jpg

Edited by jreezy

Very nice Jreezy!

For some reason I just cant get myself to purchase items from the UK. Ive been wanting a TB so bad but most of the ebay listings are international so ive skipped out

Guess ill probably just end up waiting to see what happens with TB after CBLDF gets released

Very nice Jreezy!

For some reason I just cant get myself to purchase items from the UK. Ive been wanting a TB so bad but most of the ebay listings are international so ive skipped out

Guess ill probably just end up waiting to see what happens with TB after CBLDF gets released

Yeah, I was really apprehensive ordering from a UK seller, but I just bit the bullet. I'm fast tracking these this week, so keeping my fingers crossed they both come in at 9.8.

I'm also curious to see how the TB prices react once the CBLDF is released.

I'll play - I think they'll cap it at less than 100.

i think he had the 200 before he actually managed to resell them. There is a big backlash playing out behind the scenes to all this. If he gets capped at 100, it will be in response to pressure from others.

You got a beautiful copy as far as I can tell. I hope you get dat 9.8 :wishluck:

There were a couple copies I almost got on ebay but when I asked both users for a shot of the back cover, I was given some lame excuses.. Buying from the UK just seems like a hassle to me anyway but Ive very little experience in those dealings

Is there even a limit on what you can get if you were to attend the con? No limitations posted on CBLDF/ECCC sites.

I had no trouble getting multiples of exclusives at the few times Ive been to a major con and Ive seen people buy large stacks as well.

Theres also the fact that we are paying more than the original price

Edited by wushugushu

Is there even a limit on what you can get if you were to attend the con? No limitations posted on CBLDF/ECCC sites.

I had no trouble getting multiples of exclusives at the few times Ive been to a major con and Ive seen people buy large stacks as well.

Theres also the fact that we are paying more than the original price

i dont think its the per person amount that is the issue. A convention exclusive being pre-sold outside the convention, is more of where the back lash is coming from. Obviously all 500 wont be sold, but if it was, could you even call that a convention exclusive any more?

Turning it into a direct market book, via the boards, that's the quandary.