• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Yeah, that makes me wonder if the virus spreads person to person or if it was specifically introduced to the atmosphere of the space station (the reporter contracted it from the wreckage).

It would be cool to have the reporter as one rogue superpowered character not from the main group, rather than the start of a worldwide superpower outbreak, which might be overkill.

The reporter gets on the plane and says he will be much better when he gets to his destination. I took this as he will be transformed to something else by then. Or it could go the contagion route and infect everybody on the plane. Then the virus goes worldwide from there. Interesting to think which way it could go.

Simon is going to get one group. And the other two are going to get the other group. The second arc is going to turn into AvX and everyone is going to die. Not really. But I think they scientists will go separate ways with separate groups and a few rogue infected.

Ellen Raskin's cover illustration for the first edition of A Wrinkle in Time was the inspiration for the Thought Bubble cover (also 'Inside World Corp' in #2).

Just about everything design related is a reference to something, and mid-century modern style informs much of the book's aesthetic (and that extends to the fashion and furniture Nate draws).

The #1 cover is based on Lawrence Raskin's jacket design for The Beatles: The Authorised Biography, for instance, and the Thomas Walker interview was patterned after the classic Playboy interview. I'm hoping to be able to include an appendix of all these easter eggs in the collections, including the many musical references within the -script.

Yeah, I was browsing through Abebooks and found this book.

250px-WrinkleInTimePBA1.jpg

Thanks fono for the in depth analysis!

Edited by Chi Bamm

Ellen Raskin's cover illustration for the first edition of A Wrinkle in Time was the inspiration for the Thought Bubble cover (also 'Inside World Corp' in #2).

Just about everything design related is a reference to something, and mid-century modern style informs much of the book's aesthetic (and that extends to the fashion and furniture Nate draws).

The #1 cover is based on Lawrence Raskin's jacket design for The Beatles: The Authorised Biography, for instance, and the Thomas Walker interview was patterned after the classic Playboy interview. I'm hoping to be able to include an appendix of all these easter eggs in the collections, including the many musical references within the -script.

Yeah, I was browsing through Abebooks and found this book.

250px-WrinkleInTimePBA1.jpg

Thanks fono for the in depth analysis!

Now I know why it looked so familiar! Its been killing me.

The reporter gets on the plane and says he will be much better when he gets to his destination. I took this as he will be transformed to something else by then. Or it could go the contagion route and infect everybody on the plane. Then the virus goes worldwide from there. Interesting to think which way it could go.

The question I have is this - are the space station survivors all in the same time period? The ship that picked up the survivors seemed a bit advanced......

The question I have is this - are the space station survivors all in the same time period? The ship that picked up the survivors seemed a bit advanced......

Yeah good point. Now I have to go back and look at that again too.

Yeah good point. Now I have to go back and look at that again too.

My guess was Nowhere Men written on wreckage = different time periods or transported to parallel/alternate earths. Basically - they are somehwere but nowhere to be found. You had a "Mad Maxish" factory, freezing survivors picked up in a "ship"............

Nice. I was in the process of buying #1 when one of Nate's family members decide to claim it (can't blame him for that). When I replied, you had already grabbed #2. Nice job - it looks great.