• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I'm proud to say I stuck by my decision and have not purchased a single copy.

So there.

Issue #1s & TB variants has paid for a 1960 Justice League of America #1 CGC 1.8

Green Lantern vol .1 issue #38 CGC 9.0, Indian meal for 5 + beers, 6 months road tax for my car & Battlestar Galactica blue ray box set...... So there ;)

And not buying it got me 3 chicken kebabs and a 6 pack of cider - so pffft. (thumbs u

I'm proud to say I stuck by my decision and have not purchased a single copy.

So there.

Pick up a 3rd print #1

Its worth the $2-3 risk for a very good read (thumbs u

I'm beginning to see a trend here......

One of them has a different cover and came out before issue 1. The others are variants in color only, and came out months later. I don't see how this is even a fair fight.

And...I love the fact that the difference between a reprint and a rare "variant" is as simple as mode of distribution...and the name attached to it. If we were honest about it, and called the ComicsPro a 4th print and the CBLDF a 5th print, what would the demand be then...?

Sometimes the whole variant market just looks like a bunch of lemmings with too much money in hand running towards a cliff.

One of them has a different cover and came out before issue 1. The others are variants in color only, and came out months later. I don't see how this is even a fair fight.

And...I love the fact that the difference between a reprint and a rare "variant" is as simple as mode of distribution...and the name attached to it. If we were honest about it, and called the ComicsPro a 4th print and the CBLDF a 5th print, what would the demand be then...?

Sometimes the whole variant market just looks like a bunch of lemmings with too much money in hand running towards a cliff.

Love you, Court.... but would you be saying this if you got your x50 :takeit: ??

:grin::foryou:

Love you, Court.... but would you be saying this if you got your x50 :takeit: ??

:grin::foryou:

No, I'd definitely sell them all first...THEN voice my honest opinion!

I would be more than happy to make a profit off any of 'em...I just don't personally care for them in the slightest as far as my own collection is concerned. ;)

IMO, the Thought Bubble is the grail, the first print is the true first issue...and everything else is just white noise. I would equate these color variants to Larry's Bedlam 1 "Special Edition"...which, IMO, is a total joke. That's even worse, though, as it's a store exclusive reprint being packaged as something it's not. At least these color variants are more "official", I guess.