• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

@Ryan, totally agree and I'd love to own all of them - though paying $150 for ANY of these is redunculous! I hope the resale is worth it for you guys, but I can think of a million things I would want before paying that much for a 4th and 5th printing... Regardless of the print run.

As a heads up...

Typically publishers (not shops) such as Boom and I think Image if memory serves me correct, print all copies at once as it is just a simple plate change for the cover. Going back to press to print 500 copies at a time is not cost beneficial to whomever is asking for the variant.

If these were in the pipeline around the same time as the #1 issue then they are variants and not reprints.

Yes, I remember that explanation on the WD 100 Red Foil money grab a few months back. That may be true, but hard to treat it as such when it is not announced at the time, and is only released months later (in the case of the Red Foil, a full four months after the fact).

Of course, perception is reality...so whatever the general collecting populace elects to believe will certainly become fact. And...there are lot of people voicing their opinion at $150 a pop, so...I guess they are all first prints now. ;)

Yes, I remember that explanation on the WD 100 Red Foil money grab a few months back. That may be true, but hard to treat it as such when it is not announced at the time, and is only released months later (in the case of the Red Foil, a full four months after the fact).

Of course, perception is reality...so whatever the general collecting populace elects to believe will certainly become fact. And...there are lot of people voicing their opinion at $150 a pop, so...I guess they are all first prints now. ;)

The red foil was produced at the same time as the rest of the 100 issues. No gaming.

anyone wanting a giggle go look at page 1 of this thread.

The hate & disgust oozes off page 1 :o

The preview in WD 102 did the book no favors. I'm glad I picked up and read issue 1.

The Clone preview wasn't that great either. 2c

One of them has a different cover and came out before issue 1. The others are variants in color only, and came out months later. I don't see how this is even a fair fight.

And...I love the fact that the difference between a reprint and a rare "variant" is as simple as mode of distribution...and the name attached to it. If we were honest about it, and called the ComicsPro a 4th print and the CBLDF a 5th print, what would the demand be then...?

Sometimes the whole variant market just looks like a bunch of lemmings with too much money in hand running towards a cliff.

Love you, Court.... but would you be saying this if you got your x50 :takeit: ??

:grin::foryou:

No, I'd definitely sell them all first...THEN voice my honest opinion!

I would be more than happy to make a profit off any of 'em...I just don't personally care for them in the slightest as far as my own collection is concerned. ;)

IMO, the Thought Bubble is the grail, the first print is the true first issue...and everything else is just white noise. I would equate these color variants to Larry's Bedlam 1 "Special Edition"...which, IMO, is a total joke. That's even worse, though, as it's a store exclusive reprint being packaged as something it's not. At least these color variants are more "official", I guess.

I'm with Court on this. Thought Bubble is the grail. BUt I'll gladly take the other #1s .just saying

Edited by jreezy

Thought bubble is the convention variant, the blue one is the RRP. People are already paying more for a RRP then the thought bubble

Thought bubble was released before the #1 1st print and the comicspro was the 5th #1 released and released after the #1 TB Variant, #1 1st print, , #1 2nd print, #2 1st print, #2 2nd print and #3 1st print.

Thought bubble is the convention variant, the blue one is the RRP. People are already paying more for a RRP then the thought bubble

Thought bubble was released before the #1 1st print and the comicspro was the 5th #1 released and released after the #1 TB Variant, #1 1st print, , #1 2nd print, #2 1st print, #2 2nd print and #3 1st print.

And?

The order of release isnt going to matter when comparing the RRP to a #1 2nd print even if the #1 2nd was released well before the RRP. The thought was a Convention Exclusive, if people like that more thats great, doesnt change the fact the blues the RRP.