• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Forgive me if Im being nieve or uniformed....

Why are these late released "variants" being considered so collectible?

I do not understand how a book that was released 2-3 months ago like NWM # 1 just now gets a variant and people look at it the same way as many of the 1:50 or 1:100 variants that get released on the same day as the regular version.

Is this not just a glorified second print or third or 4th print? If the indicia does not mention its a later print, that is plain deceitful IMHO. Unless they were printed months ago, which I HIGHLY doubt.

I understand the modern market is crazy right now, I understand this book was limited to 500. So what? Many REPRINTS have lower print runs.

Unless I am missing something, Im having a hard time understanding why people on these boards would care for something like this. Well, maybe since the member count has doubled in the last year that would explain it....

I just dont get it.....

Next thing your gonna tell me is that there will be a 2013 SDCC variant of NWM # 1 limited to 300 and selling for $200.. and issue # 7 will be on the stands...... Thats retarded.

RRP's are generally put out before release...most 1st print variants are put out the same month, most of which the same day.

Someone explain to me why this is collectible. Tell me why YOU want a CGC SS 9.8 of this book, because I dont get it. I want to understand.

I've seen many similar posts......to understand why you'd have to assume that it makes sense....it's comic book speculation, the most volatile & psychotic form of investment. It is something that defies explanation. If you want to play you wait till the train slows down and then you leap for the hand rail and hope you don't get thrown under the wheels and ground into a pulp.

Forgive me if Im being nieve or uniformed....

Why are these late released "variants" being considered so collectible?

I do not understand how a book that was released 2-3 months ago like NWM # 1 just now gets a variant and people look at it the same way as many of the 1:50 or 1:100 variants that get released on the same day as the regular version.

Is this not just a glorified second print or third or 4th print? If the indicia does not mention its a later print, that is plain deceitful IMHO. Unless they were printed months ago, which I HIGHLY doubt.

I understand the modern market is crazy right now, I understand this book was limited to 500. So what? Many REPRINTS have lower print runs.

Unless I am missing something, Im having a hard time understanding why people on these boards would care for something like this. Well, maybe since the member count has doubled in the last year that would explain it....

I just dont get it.....

Next thing your gonna tell me is that there will be a 2013 SDCC variant of NWM # 1 limited to 300 and selling for $200.. and issue # 7 will be on the stands...... Thats retarded.

RRP's are generally put out before release...most 1st print variants are put out the same month, most of which the same day.

Someone explain to me why this is collectible. Tell me why YOU want a CGC SS 9.8 of this book, because I dont get it. I want to understand.

cause its Nowhere men Bro