• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Didn't Kurtis Weibe say the creative team of Peter Panzerfaust received $10,000 from Image as payment and that was split between three of them?

I could be wrong on the figure but I'm pretty sure he suggested they don't make nearly as much as they should for what they provide us, the consumer, the collector.

Keeping that in mind, I think its a great thing that Image creators are realizing the market and selling their books at a great markup!

Before the PP craze took off, Kurtis told us he was bring home about $400 a month (one book a month)

Which is exactly why the gloating about small print runs is so distasteful and selfish. But you know, my bad.

Can you stop please? I'm sure E.S. knew what the print run was before posting on the boards.

The low print run just means this book will be reprinted until everyone that wants a copy gets one... I don't see a problem with pointing that out.

:facepalm: i was referring to the argument the other day, not whatever you're talking about.

Didn't Kurtis Weibe say the creative team of Peter Panzerfaust received $10,000 from Image as payment and that was split between three of them?

I could be wrong on the figure but I'm pretty sure he suggested they don't make nearly as much as they should for what they provide us, the consumer, the collector.

Keeping that in mind, I think its a great thing that Image creators are realizing the market and selling their books at a great markup!

Before the PP craze took off, Kurtis told us he was bring home about $400 a month (one book a month)

Which is exactly why the gloating about small print runs is so distasteful and selfish. But you know, my bad.

Can you stop please? I'm sure E.S. knew what the print run was before posting on the boards.

The low print run just means this book will be reprinted until everyone that wants a copy gets one... I don't see a problem with pointing that out.

:facepalm: i was referring to the argument the other day, not whatever you're talking about.

YOU QUOTED WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT FACEPALM FACEPALM FACEPALM TIMES INFINITY

The print / retention accusation is pretty strong.

I hope you's guys can back that up.

I'm pretty sure Ryan that es said himself that 200 copies of one of the 500 print runs were kept for staff and associates.

Its quite a few pages back and I can't be arsed to look - but I'm pretty sure he posted it.

The legal one perhaps?

I'm not sure if this is what they're talking about but as an example:

thought bubble limited to 500

thought bubble print run: 850

But this is done with every limited thing as far as I'm aware. Like with limited vinyl, say it's limited to 1000, there are always extra copies printed for the band and label etc.

I'm pretty sure Ryan that es said himself that 200 copies of one of the 500 print runs were kept for staff and associates.

Its quite a few pages back and I can't be arsed to look - but I'm pretty sure he posted it.

The legal one perhaps?

200 out of the 500.

The legal one perhaps?

200 out of the 500.

Which one was it Pie?

I have 20 TB's, not a single one of which would grade 9.8. :sorry:

Are they at least a 9.6?

Nnnnnnope. I'd put them all in the 9.2/9.4 range. But then, I think this goes for the majority of the run, and I got them at a good price, so...happy to have them nonetheless. Just wish a few were worth sending in. Oh well.