• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

If its a later printing, thats what it is. I mean, thats the defintion of reprint. How can anyone even argue with that? lol.

It's actually pretty simple. Reprints are available to anyone by pre-ordering at their LCS, with those numbers determining the print run.

Variants in this case are a fixed number of copies exclusive to certain events/stores/organizations.

Also, within the context of all this fervor, has there been any drama regarding Image keeping almost half the ComicsPro as comps to flip themselves?

Whether the print run on a book is 500 or 50,000, there will generally be a couple hundred copies set aside to be divided between the creators and publishing staff, because people who work to bring the book to you deserve to have copies for themselves for their efforts.

And ultimately, it's the collector community that determines the value of our comps. ‘Printing money’, as someone put it, is never a given. No one would be casting aspersions on what is SOP for hundreds of books a year if the market decided all these were good for is lining birdcages.

Also, within the context of all this fervor, has there been any drama regarding Image keeping almost half the ComicsPro as comps to flip themselves?

Whether the print run on a book is 500 or 50,000, there will generally be a couple hundred copies set aside to be divided between the creators and publishing staff, because people who work to bring the book to you deserve to have copies for themselves for their efforts.

And ultimately, it's the collector community that determines the value of our comps. ‘Printing money’, as someone put it, is never a given. No one would be casting aspersions on what is SOP for hundreds of books a year if the market decided all these were good for is lining birdcages.

i did say in my comments several other things, including the fact that their are always comps for all books. it was stated here that the print run was held to 500, including comps, and that 200 went to people related to the book.

That's 40% of the run. Did 40% of ToT Comicspro go to people associated with the books production? 40% of Saga RRP?

Has the number of comps increased? Considering the inside is the same, and that people have already been Comp'd, #1, Thought Bubble #1, #1 2nd printing, #1 3rd Printing, and I am sure the CBDLF as well. By the time of the 6th printing (even if its a variant), is there still a need to comp 40% of the run? Is that normal?

These are questions people are thinking, whether said or not. I also didnt accuse anyone of doing anything wrong, I merely pointed out, that at 40% of the run, issues of Moral Hazard are creeping into the picture.

Edited by CBT

I see nothing wrong with the creators being able to possess some of the fruits of their labor. There's some people still bent out of shape with Kurtis selling a PP run in the seller's forum, yet clamor for OA sold by the artists. I see no difference between the two. Writers don't have a product they can produce on a whim to generate extra money. Artists can do commissions and sell their previous works.

Edited by krighton

I was thinking...

When Nintendo and Playstation and XBOX put out new consoles, this type of mania frenzy happens. And there are tens of thousands of those, but still..... Frenzy. A friend of mine sold a PS3 for 2G's on release day.

Just thought that may put the current scenario in perspective for those wondering what the heck is happening.

I am embarrassed (and I'm a contributor as well) with how crazy this thread has gotten and am done with the subject. Good luck to you's guys on the hunt....

R

I agree and commiserate re. things getting away. I think without the initial hype this wouldn't have gotten to this point... That said, WAY TO GO IMAGE, e.s., and fono. This isn't all good but its definitely not bad! Amazing sales for a book that is only 3 issues in! The hype has to help future sales. Too many are vested.

Seriously, this can't be all bad. I am enjoying reading about it. Seeing sales at 170 and for sale offers at 250, wowwwwwww.

Ryan, I see your point, but its all good man. At this point if people don't know what they're getting into its no ones fault but their own.