• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Wouldn't the 400 be better spent on Iron Man 55, ASM 50, etc. Golden issues that hold their value rather than the high fly by night profits. Don't get me wrong. I like flipping issues like anyone else, but I would never pay 400 for a 3rd release of the same book I already have. I would think the bubbles would be the highest, then the normal issue 1, then all the con variants..just my 2 cents

will the purple and green be worth more or less than the blue and orange? lol

I was keeping the comparison modern to modern, to avoid the inter collecting type of debate. People paying over a grand for Walking Dead stuff are subject to the same debates you mention.

the point here was, lets focus on THESE specific books, in THIS market. Here are other 500 print run moderns, released within the last twelve months. Someone justify the pecking order.

I also agree, Thought Bubble should be the one that comes out on top.

Edited by CBT

No silver linings eh CB? I mean it can't ALL be doom and gloom bro...

well, i dont see it as a doom and gloom, advising people to be cautious. I genuinely dont want people to get burned, or another series to collapse under speculative mania. Bedlam got annihilated by this type of action, and this one's movement is dwarfing even that. A lot of people are still well underwater on Bedlam and the NYCC stuff.

Right now, if these prices were valid, than you would have to validate the following claim:

The THIRD Nowhere Men 500 print variant of #1 (with one or two more coming) is worth more RAW than Revival's one and only 500 print variant SLABBED IN 9.8, it is worth more than Bedlam's one and only 500 print variant SLABBED IN 9.8, it is worth almost double Thief of Thieves 350 print variant raw.

This is the THIRD 500 print variant release (blue) we are talking about, on a series that's only 3 issues old. I am keeping this apples to apples, comparing same sized run books, all from within the last 12 months.

The fact that these valuations even occured is a scary commentary on the shape of the market (in my mind) and the direction it is heading. Let alone, that they can be sustained. Someone give me a logical explanation of why NWM's third 500 variant should be worth double ToT's raw, and more than Revival and Bedlam's 9.8 slabbed ones.

Cause it's not looked at as a third variant, this is the NWM RRP. Limited to 500 copies, of which 200 were not given out to people in attendance, they went to ES and such.

The demand for the book is huge and there are not many copies out there and when they are out there they get gobbled up in under 20 seconds on eBay. This isn't some variant it's an RRP. And there is not a definitive answer if 2 additional variants are coming out.

Since 200 copies were taken out of the 500 initially, the blue is just harder to find right now...I don't think people are looking at it in terms of 2nd or 3rd or 20th variant released. Would be like convincing people that the variant's are a 2nd or 3rd printing, that will never happen.

+1

Bought into the hype but I would also like an explanation on this.

I suppose the series is still very young so maybe that gave people the disposition to grab variants since they weren't all released in one month? Perhaps if the series continues its quality the variants could keep its value? Idk how it could since its so consistently high days after release but its been happening lately with certain titles

Or they just know people won't care right now since it is tax refund season.

Cause it's not looked at as a third variant, this is the NWM RRP. Limited to 500 copies, of which 200 were not given out to people in attendance, they went to ES and such.

The demand for the book is huge and there are not many copies out there and when they are out there they get gobbled up in under 20 seconds on eBay. This isn't some variant it's an RRP. And there is not a definitive answer if 2 additional variants are coming out.

Ok, let's progress forward on this then.

1.) Those 200 hundred will be sold into the market, they arent keeping them for fun. So the run is still 500.

2.) Even if those never came to market, and this is the rarest. There are still two other 500 print run variants, with two more "likely" coming.

3.) These issues relate to pecking order within the variants of NWM. ToT comicspro is also a 300-350 print run, on a series optioned from before its release by AMC, specifically to be a show. But the blue NWM is selling for more than double (raw). Justify this.

4.) Then justify it being worth more than revival and bedlams 500 print run books in UNIVERSAL 9.8. Cause both are struggling to catch 250. Smaller print run is true for the regular number ones, but these are 500 print run variants. So series with more readers, and a same ballpark slabbed variant. Justify it.

Edited by CBT

I hope E.S. posts some early information on how the next 2 will be released. That is if there are 2 more covers -

Yeah, no real decision on that as of yet. We may do them, we may not. Really, it depends on the circumstances.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

No silver linings eh CB? I mean it can't ALL be doom and gloom bro...

well, i dont see it as a doom and gloom, advising people to be cautious. I genuinely dont want people to get burned, or another series to collapse under speculative mania. Bedlam got annihilated by this type of action, and this one's movement is dwarfing even that. A lot of people are still well underwater on Bedlam and the NYCC stuff.

Right now, if these prices were valid, than you would have to validate the following claim:

The THIRD Nowhere Men 500 print variant of #1 (with one or two more coming) is worth more RAW than Revival's one and only 500 print variant SLABBED IN 9.8, it is worth more than Bedlam's one and only 500 print variant SLABBED IN 9.8, it is worth almost double Thief of Thieves 350 print variant raw.

This is the THIRD 500 print variant release (blue) we are talking about, on a series that's only 3 issues old. I am keeping this apples to apples, comparing same sized run books, all from within the last 12 months.

The fact that these valuations even occured is a scary commentary on the shape of the market (in my mind) and the direction it is heading. Let alone, that they can be sustained. Someone give me a logical explanation of why NWM's third 500 variant should be worth double ToT's raw, and more than Revival and Bedlam's 9.8 slabbed ones.

Quite hard to give a logical explanation but I will try my best.

Its Nowhere Men Bro

Gneisssss, I'll see myself out.

Wouldn't the 400 be better spent on Iron Man 55, ASM 50, etc. Golden issues that hold their value rather than the high fly by night profits. Don't get me wrong. I like flipping issues like anyone else, but I would never pay 400 for a 3rd release of the same book I already have. I would think the bubbles would be the highest, then the normal issue 1, then all the con variants..just my 2 cents

I would think it would be, but I love those comics. IMO it all depends on an attachment to IM 55 and ASM 50. I would gladly take another one of either of those. But there is an appeal of having a comic that only has a print run of 500.

Ok, let's progress forward on this then.

1.) Those 200 hundred will be sold into the market, they arent keeping them for fun. So the run is still 500.

2.) Even if those never came to market, and this is the rarest. There are still two other 500 print run variants, with two more "likely" coming.

3.) These issues relate to pecking order within the variants of NWM. ToT comicspro is also a 300-350 print run, on a series optioned from before its release by AMC, specifically to be a show. But the blue NWM is selling for more than double (raw). Justify this.

4.) Then justify it being worth more than revival and bedlams 500 print run books in UNIVERSAL 9.8. Cause both are struggling to catch 250. Smaller print run is true for the regular number ones, but these are 500 print run variants. So series with more readers, and a same ballpark slabbed variant. Justify it.

Justify: People will expect to get saga RRP numbers for a 9.8 slabbed. So if you spend 400 bucks and get it slabbed and can turn and around flip that for 800+ thats not too bad. Nowhere men is still very young and people are wanting to get in before it gets even hotter?

I feel like a RRP from any hot upcoming title is going to catch a lot of hype due to current saga RRP prices.

There are definitely people who want another opportunity like that - And there are people who just dont want to miss having one before(if) it blows up

I feel like a RRP from any hot upcoming title is going to catch a lot of hype due to current saga RRP prices.

There are definitely people who want another opportunity like that - And there are people who just dont want to miss having one before(if) it blows up

+1

ok, so the argument is NWM's RRP is hotter than ToT's RRP, Bedlam's RRP and Revival's RRP equivalent. So then it's a discussion of the series ultimately, and the RRP's are just a byproduct?

So, is NWM's hotter because the series justify's it, or just the flavour of the month as krighton said. I'd feel a lot better for people paying these numbers if they were arguing that NWM has more potential than ToT, Revival, and Bedlam as a series. I'd disagree, but at least they'd be thinking right on it imo.

Those series have more readers, more issues out, several with TV rumors or already optioned. Somewhat lower print run is often quoted for NWM, yet that works AGAINST an RRP. The RRP numbers are always around 500. It's the 37000 to 500 ratio, with no other variants that drives up the price of Saga's RRP. Having multiple 500 print variants, and a "lower" print run will work against NWM's RRP long term.

So, three issues in, I guess the final step of where this is leading us. Justify NWM as a series exceeding ToT, Revival, and Bedlam.

Edited by CBT

So, three issues in, I guess the final step of where this is leading us. Justify NWM as a series exceeding ToT, Revival, and Bedlam.

Maybe justifying anything commanding such a pricetag on the first 3 issues alone regardless of the title is a bit of a stretch. I know it is for me.

+1 on RRP's seeming to be FOTM based on market performance alone and the print run having a negative impact on reader levels and ratios in theory.