• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Foil variant is where it's at. I have a hot lead on 50 of the 200 that will be released to the 30 people that were not able to attend one of the 4 big US based cons over the next 6 months. That's a ratio of 4:1/2:3 er, times the square root of black + 15 or something like that. At the end of the day, I'll be the only one with any and they will likely all be displayed soundly in my mind.

From now on I will think of the speculative focus as the Eye of Sauron lol

lol I was hoping someone would enjoy that. Glad I could make you laugh :)

why because the TB was released first? or because all the RAW TB are UGLY

Both of those, plus the other things I said:

-launched in the UK

-is far more dispersed

-sold plenty before the mania started

and

-These oranges and blues will be more common, common in higher grade, and far more in the hands of flippers looking to sell.

So you would not want my NWM #1 1st print?

I dont want any NWM. I have a couple #1s for cover, and am happy to slab those. I said, IF I was buying NWM, I'd be buying Thought Bubbles, and 9.4/9.6ish #1 1st prints for dirt cheap to press and slab.

Just trying to have some positive comments in the mix from me as well. Gotta throw the Corvettenights of the world some bones once in a while, so they can maybe stop being left holding the bag. ;)

Edited by CBT

dirty cheap,to press and slab

Think I read this correctly, as I've never pressed, do you think the TB would press well? I would have thought, and I have no experience mind you, that will the crappy ink (forgive me fono and e.s.) that they wouldn't be the best candidates for pressing.

Think I read this correctly, as I've never pressed, do you think the TB would press well? I would have thought, and I have no experience mind you, that will the crappy ink (forgive me fono and e.s.) that they wouldn't be the best candidates for pressing.

that should say dirt cheap, lol but yes, i do think it will press well.

Any white book tends to press well as things that would be color breaking (but not paper damaging) can be removed. Things with heavier paper also press well, (Saga #1s, for instance, are juicy hamburgers when it comes to pressing).

I havent pressed a NWM #1, but the color and it being an image book (heavier paper) make it a great candidate imo.

Ink that marks up the white a bit can stop 9.9s, but generally doesnt effect 9.8 if its a printing thing, and they mostly all have it. Revival Sketch variant is a good example, all the 9.8s I have seen, have some ink stuff on the white.

Edited by CBT

They won't... the majority have colour breaks/ticks.

Yeah, this is what I expected. Mine has a small color break... It's small but won't be helped with pressing. Because of the heavy blue that does break, I expected these to smudge rather than press clean. I guess that's the point though, if you get them cheap enough, and there are no breaks, give it a shot... But the chances if finding one in both the cheap and non ticked categories is almost impossible at this point.

oh, thought bubble, misread that. No, Thought bubble is not a good candidate. Its full color, and lighter paper. It will be like any other book for pressing

#1 1st prints are good candidates for pressing. Better than your average book.

Edited by CBT

That's still on my radar, but I refuse to pay $40 for a #1. Sad to say I have a TB, but don't have a normal #1 because I refuse to buy into the huge price point. I'll wait a year or two if need be and if it doesn't happen, so be it.