• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Keep em Simon (thumbs u Panzerfaust will bottom out before Nwm

It won't - not a hope in hell - #8 and #9 will ensure a bold secondart market, not to mention a TV show being strongly persued. NWM has a different coloured cover - thats it.

However I am selling the PP#1's I have at hand.

As soon as the others return from CGC they will be sold as well.

I love the book - reaaly do - but with what I get for say 8 #1's - that buys me a beautiful 9.0 - 9.2 DD #1

Thats my only point - in 3 yrs time - a DD #1 will still have value - who knows about PP?

I hope it does for everyones sake.

NWM - the value won't hold for 3 months!

Extra 'con' variants,Larry variant, Pink,Yellow and Black variants etc etc - there will be 10 variants out soon,differentiated by colour only.

I wish no-one any financial loss but to be forking out $300 on a variant that Stephenson has said he's giving away 200/500 and the legal one that was 350/850 is nuts!

550/1350 were given away and will all be sold for what the lucky recipients can get - $100 - $80 - $40 - $15?

If you miss getting on before pre-sales,don't jump on at the top of the small completionists surge.

2c but an honest 2c

I just read the first line. It will 2c

PP prices are based on speculation of something greater than/outside the book itself. If that flops, watch the dominoes tumble.

I sold my two #1 slabs for $500/ea and glad to have the weight off my shoulder. Still enjoy the book though

We agree to disagree.

Neither of us will influence it.

Diarise this for 3 months time - one of us will look silly.

Then you have contradicted yourself mate.

NWM is pure "Emperors new clothes" material - 3 issues, made famous on here for multi-coloured variants!

Nobody not connected with these boards are buying them - no-one!

This is all ES hype driven BS and I'm sorry to say too many Lemmings jumped off the cliffs.

PP has a surging print Run - over 12K now for #10, thats a solid NON-BOARD growth.

You seem to be unable to grasp the difference.

PP is a fine story on its own, and has grown accordingly.

NWM is not as yet, but may do.

But no-one is going to pay $3000 for 10 differrent coloured covers.

You will either have 15 (or whatever) books going for a fortune, or 15 for a huge loss.

Either way,I don't care as I saw through the haze of BS and bought none.

Can we leave this now?

I'm not talking about variants or market value of the books. Everyone knows you're not a fan of variants and promptly bash the book if it has any. Thank goodness NWM doesn't have any phantom covers meh

PP is not really a story of its own.

If PP tries to become mainstream media, I believe it will flop because it will always be compared to other media versions of the character. That's a lot to overcome.

I strongly agree with you andy70. Earlier in the thread I was ALL in for NWM. After e.s. jumped into the conversation the frenzy took off like a rocket that fueled my suspicions. Well, my suspicions materialized when all the colored variants started to hit the market. Several pages ago, I said enough was enough and I went ahead to dump almost all of my "hoard" of NWM and am glad to have liquidated.

What did I get out of it? A 9.8 secret wars 8, 9.6 asm 57, 9.6 asm 252, 9.8 x-men 140

All of these books WILL have value in the near future as well as the long term.