• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Anyone know what the story is on the wrinkle on some of the Nowhere Men 1's? Does anyone have any slabbed books that have the wrinkle on it? I didn't send 6 of them in because of the wrinkle.

I'll buy those six at cover if ya don't want them?

Anyone know what the story is on the wrinkle on some of the Nowhere Men 1's? Does anyone have any slabbed books that have the wrinkle on it? I didn't send 6 of them in because of the wrinkle.

Are you talking about the on in the lower center of the front cover. If so, I have subbed some of those and pulled 9.8. Just FYI.

:signfunny: nice try

Are you talking about the on in the lower center of the front cover. If so, I have subbed some of those and pulled 9.8. Just FYI.

yes

All covers had a Wrinkle as an homage to A Wrinkle In Time...

JJ

All covers had a Wrinkle as an homage to A Wrinkle In Time...

JJ

:signfunny:

Every image book I buy has bendy covers and pages....

Not sure why that would be.

Nowhere Men in particular is printed on better stock than our other titles, and Image titles in general are printed on better stock than other publishers' books.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Nowhere Men in particular is printed on better stock than our other titles, and Image titles in general are printed on better stock than other publishers' books.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

I think it's due to them being stacked together in cases. Some have it, some don't.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Fatale has nice stock, and Saga 1 was practically white cardboard.

I LOVE heavy stock white books, so very pretty :cloud9:

well, heavier stock will dent deeper, if damaged. As long as its carried correctly i dont find it that way with my books.

Marvel's thin paper is the only one where care is required when reading, I find.

well, heavier stock will dent deeper, if damaged. As long as its carried correctly i dont find it that way with my books.

Marvel's thin paper is the only one where care is required when reading, I find.

Agreed, Marvel paper sucks. Next time you go to your LCS , look at issues over a week old, they start to curl up already....... :facepalm:

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

I think it's due to them being stacked together in cases. Some have it, some don't.

I'm really not sure what the deal is. I see Image books on eBay with the same waviness all the time, so I know it's not just me. It might be some reaction to temperature or humidity that does it. It varies from title to title- NWM is actually the worst when it comes to the waviness, so the better paper stock may have a worse response to whatever it is.

Edited by mattbird

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Has to be the paper because all 4 colors are still intact on that spot. If one of the 4 colors was missing on that spot, then something would be happening on the press.

Speaking of paper stock, switching back to newsprint and hand coloring would be great! :)