• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

February 22nd i believe. And i did not hassle or hound him. We exchanged a bunch of emails in the beginning, ironing out details and what not. But then i would email him on saturdays if i hadn't heard anything during the week. I even stated that i would wait as long as i needed to as long as i had an idea of what was going on. There will be people on both sides of this fence, everybody's entitled to their opinion and thats great.

Just a heads up guys. DO NOT BUY ORIGINAL ART FROM NATE BELLEGARDE!!

His site is fetorpse.bigcartel.com and he will ask you to send money as a personal/other and never send your items. I sent him $230 for a page from Nowhere Men and 2 variants. We exchanged many emails over a months time. Every email was an excuse why he hadn't shipped yet. Now he doesn't reply at all and i can't get my money back through paypal.

I would never have thought an image artist would do such a thing.

The creator of this book is such a cool person that he (E.S.) has sent some of us a signed copy on his own dime. Who else does that??

I guess all i can do now is try and prevent the same thing from happening to you guys. I saw someone post a pic of issue 2's cover, i'd like to know how you got that. The sad part is this was going to be my first OA piece, now i would rather not risk my hard earned money.

My question is in the emails between the two of you was a time frame for him mailing them to you ever established or discussed. Who cares what everyone here thinks is appropriate. What was agreed to is what is important. If he went over the agreed time then this is an issue. It doesnt matter who he is.

The PayPal personal option likely shortened the timeline a little.

This.

I avoid personal like the plague. I'd rather pay the 3% for the seller, just to have the peace of mind.

Personal PP + ('ship the next day' x more than once) = I'd be upset as well. Not upset enough to go public but almost.

Edited by Mangbus

I was told once that it was packed and ready to go and would be mailed the following monday. Then a week later, it was just being sealed but there was a problem with a panel. Then no response at all. I doubt however i handled it would have been the right way. If i had waited 3 months then someone would say to wait 4.

I'm sorry, but this is his full time job. If one of us didn't do our jobs, then we would get person_without_enough_empathyed at too.

How busy could he possibly be? He's a comic book artist and this is what he has to deal with. It is not like he has an endless inventory where he has new shipments everyday. It takes a few minutes to email someone back even saying we wait until we get 5 OA orders and then we mail in bulk.

I'm sure a lot of users I buy from have families and I get everything quickly. I work in 3 different countries and go to an Ivy league university full time and get 20-30 orders out a week.

I'm sorry, but this is his full time job. If one of us didn't do our jobs, then we would get person_without_enough_empathyed at too.

How busy could he possibly be? He's a comic book artist and this is what he has to deal with. It is not like he has an endless inventory where he has new shipments everyday. It takes a few minutes to email someone back even saying we wait until we get 5 OA orders and then we mail in bulk.

I'm sure a lot of users I buy from have families and I get everything quickly. I work in 3 different countries and go to an Ivy league university full time and get 20-30 orders out a week.

Artists are a different breed? (shrug)