• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Didnt only the O in OMIT see print?

:ohnoez: sorry, I don't understand your question...

Sorry to clarify. My understanding is that of the OMIT variants. Only the O ever saw print, and the MIT covers were never printed. The O was suppose to be pulped, but some made it out alive.

Oh, okay.

Now, I don't have the answer lol

Yeah ok you ready for the story? Good.

They produced the O M and I but the T looked bad so they scarped the idea and so they decided to destroy all of them.

800 copies of the O's got out and some how were sold to Mile High Comics.

Mile High is very slowly selling off there copies at $20 - $30 a piece.

I believe you're right, only the cover with the O was ever printed... they never did the M, I, or T.

As for NWM, why does it feel like it's taking forever for issue #5 to drop ???

Because it is lol

The release has been pushed back a few times.

I believe you're right, only the cover with the O was ever printed... they never did the M, I, or T.

Because it is lol

I know. My sarcasm was just poor I guess... :kidaround:

Because it is lol

I know. My sarcasm was just poor I guess... :kidaround:

Ahh lol I got you

I still have faith in the TB. Even after that one sold for 700, there is only 27 9.8's on the census. About half what I expected even with the print run defects.

+1. Yes, def agree! The delay to issue 5 kills some momentum. And alot of ppl still don't know about this book! A 9.8 is tough to get. Bought 10 raw copies--only ONE came back 9.8!! I'm on the prowl for slabbed 9.8s because their so cheap now. I think once the TPB hits stands, this title will really take off and will make the Thought Bubble highly sought after.

I still have faith in the TB. Even after that one sold for 700, there is only 27 9.8's on the census. About half what I expected even with the print run defects.

+1. Yes, def agree! The delay to issue 5 kills some momentum. And alot of ppl still don't know about this book! A 9.8 is tough to get. Bought 10 raw copies--only ONE came back 9.8!! I'm on the prowl for slabbed 9.8s because their so cheap now. I think once the TPB hits stands, this title will really take off and will make the Thought Bubble highly sought after.

Until the next break

I'm getting very concerned about the effect the delays in releasing #5 will have on the long-term prospects of this book (prices and readership, see Secret #1-2 as an example of what can happen for the latter), not to mention the volume of variants and printings. I'm getting the perception that prices are starting to come down and demand is waning. Is it just me?

I don't know if it is because of the gap. #4 was the weakest issue so far. And I would think most people started buying the 1st printing at #4 since there is no secondary market value compared to #1-3. Also if you look at the print run from #1 to #2 it was a huge drop. And a lot of the sales for 2nd, 3rd, etc. printings are coming from completists.

Did e.s. stop posting because of the delay?

I think he ran from the drama. I would have.

Ding ding ding.... Drama is a turn off, but Springer is still in business, so (shrug)

I don't think the delay has hurt this title as much as (1) Con season and (2) so many good continuing and new titles out. I have 20+ titles on my pull list and keep adding. Gotta draw the line somewhere. I'm keeping NWM though...

Edited by ItsJustRyan