• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Changed my lot of ones (ten 9.8s to $750 for ten BIN from $89.99 each) recd offer for $500 and offer for $675. Seriously thinking of letting it end with no sale then resisting at higher price. Maybe with issue five and six the hunt for 1s will get hot again. Not really in a rush to sell.

I don't think variants will hurt long term. Look at ToT

I'd sell to that higher offer. TOT had fewer variants than NM, and has also cooled. I just don't see this book heating back up to the frothy levels of 2 months ago, and think we're on the downward slope of the price for it. Still love the book to read, but I fear the lull has killed the momentum for it investment wise. It's coming back to earth. Let those 10 slabs sit in someone else's box while you spend their money. 2c

Changed my lot of ones (ten 9.8s to $750 for ten BIN from $89.99 each) recd offer for $500 and offer for $675. Seriously thinking of letting it end with no sale then resisting at higher price. Maybe with issue five and six the hunt for 1s will get hot again. Not really in a rush to sell.

I'd sell to that higher offer. TOT had fewer variants than NM, and has also cooled. I just don't see this book heating back up to the frothy levels of 2 months ago, and think we're on the downward slope of the price for it. Still love the book to read, but I fear the lull has killed the momentum for it investment wise. It's coming back to earth. Let those 10 slabs sit in someone else's box while you spend their money. 2c

Took it. Who wants to wager that it gets hot again now and sells for like $180 a book starting after five and six are released?

Took it. Who wants to wager that it gets hot again now and sells for like $180 a book starting after five and six are released?

It is always easier for a book to peak and cool off than it is to heat back up. There has been months for demand to be satisfied, and many more printings for folks that just want to read it. Everyone is gunshy to sell because WD #1 seemingly can't ever come down, but history has shown that everything will cool eventually. I think you did the right thing taking the sure money.

"Take the money and run." -Thom Yorke

Look at everyone who held on to The Sixth Gun. I had a few lots left that I had listed at $1,100 and I was turning down offers of $950. Luckily I cashed out a lot early, but now people are selling them away for $300-400. It is a modern comic book. TV show? No chance. Saga following? No chance. Sell as fast as you can.

Any chance to make money is a good one. With that said, I'm not pronouncing the book dead just yet. I'll follow the "Branget Rule" on this one and see where we are after issue six and the TPB is released.

Look at everyone who held on to The Sixth Gun. I had a few lots left that I had listed at $1,100 and I was turning down offers of $950. Luckily I cashed out a lot early, but now people are selling them away for $300-400. It is a modern comic book. TV show? No chance. Saga following? No chance. Sell as fast as you can.

I'm not saying you're wrong buddy, but if by some stroke of lightning another network picks up TSG, the "gold rush" will be on again. I have never owned a TSG issue, but heard it's a great series. If it is quality and has a following it is not dead and burried, yet.

I'm not saying you're wrong buddy, but if by some stroke of lightning another network picks up TSG, the "gold rush" will be on again. I have never owned a TSG issue, but heard it's a great series. If it is quality and has a following it is not dead and burried, yet.

I was just using TSG as the most recent example. It is just how moderns are. If it isn't on the first page of Bleeding Cool, then it is forgotten. The Strain #1 is a $1 comic book. It shot up to $30 and now it is back down low. Rachel Rising #1 is starting to come back down.

The seller had an offer for $75 less than what they wanted, which was a 10% discount really. I would take it.

It seems to be more due to Image's marketing plan. Other titles have had breaks when the Trades were to be released as well.

That being said, I do not understand why any publisher would want a huge gap between #4 and #5, then a quick release of #6. I am sure they have their reasons, but this has seriously hurt the momentum of the book.

Edited by kimik

I was just using TSG as the most recent example. It is just how moderns are. If it isn't on the first page of Bleeding Cool, then it is forgotten. The Strain #1 is a $1 comic book. It shot up to $30 and now it is back down low. Rachel Rising #1 is starting to come back down.

The seller had an offer for $75 less than what they wanted, which was a 10% discount really. I would take it.

I initially wanted $150 each for them but that just didnt happen. After 27 days of gradually lowering the price I changed it to a bulk sale.

Any sale with a decent profit is a good one, especially with a modern flip. You can always play the hindsight game if books go up, but as long as you aren't losing money on the flips just take the profit and move on. Let someone else worry about the roller coaster. I'm still firmly convinced that the music will stop on all these moderns eventually. The better ones won't drop to cover price, but they'll come down well off the peak. No use trying to time it, just make the comfortable money and let someone else sweat the extra nickels of profit if they want to.

As Branget mentioned already a couple of times, and which bears repeating, you have to remember who's writing this title: the publisher of Image, Eric Stephenson.

I just cannot imagine, under any scenario, in which ES allows this book to falter. His name is attached to it. His reputation is attached to it. When in doubt, look at the fundamentals. The fundamental truth is that ES is attached to it.

If this title falls behind, I think it's safe to say that ES will call for a full court press, 11-man blitz to make sure this title stays relevant and headlines among Image's top releases.

As Branget mentioned already a couple of times, and which bears repeating, you have to remember who's writing this title: the publisher of Image, Eric Stephenson.

I just cannot imagine, under any scenario, in which ES allows this book to falter. His name is attached to it. His reputation is attached to it. When in doubt, look at the fundamentals. The fundamental truth is that ES is attached to it.

If this title falls behind, I think it's safe to say that ES will call for a full court press, 11-man blitz to make sure this title stays relevant and headlines among Image's top releases.

But, it does not really matter in the end as it would not be the first book to suffer following delays. The problem is that the delay came at a point when it was gaining momentum with readers that were not on board from #1. As much as I like the book and am willing to wait for #5 and #6, that does not mean that majority of other comic collectors will.

Just for kicks, I am going to ask a couple LCSs this week to see if they feel the delay has hurt the book.

I can't imagine a delay like this ever helping a book! As far as marketing goes, why purposefuly delay a book this long when it was starting to heat up? With all the other books coming out lately its easy for a title to get forgotten about. Though, with all the reprints, that seems unlikely. My opinion is with the attention span of consumers as short as it is, this delay might have derailed this book.