• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

438 posts in this topic

Coming in November, I am thinking this will be big. The first issue will be released with 8 covers.

-6 Main covers

-A box set including all 6 main covers.

-Midtown Variant featuring DERPY

-Third Eye Variant featuring WonderBolts

I personally think the winner here is going to be the Midtown variant. Derpy is a favorite of everyone.

Resale value = nothing

... but only if it comes into my house, there is no way I am going to be able to sneak anything my little pony past my daughters.

Relevant cake from last Saturday... ah well at least I have an excuse hehe :D

Edit: wasn't Derpy basically fan created or at least created via ideas from the community?

Just asked girlfriend. She says derpy was a background character that was named by the fans as everyone loved her.

And for those of you thinking "wtf? This is a joke, right?"

My Little Pony has SKYROCKETED in popularity amongst male adults (and all other demographics) in the last couple of years. Sort of like a cult following, but it's big, and not just a show for little girls anymore, as strange as that sounds.

Ordering from midtown is a crapshoot !

Just got in some happy variants none of them are even in vf/nm. 4 spine creases on one and 3 on the other. My first order to them was totaly trashed and bent.

But i want to get the midtown variants of ponies so i guess i like to gamble. Rolling the dice 1 more time.

We have had HUGE interest in this in the shop, to the point where we thought someone was playing a joke on us. The number of people we have had ask for this, that have never been in the shop before is nuts.

Anything that brings new blood into comic shops is fine by me.

My Little Pony has SKYROCKETED in popularity amongst male adults (and all other demographics) in the last couple of years. Sort of like a cult following, but it's big, and not just a show for little girls anymore, as strange as that sounds.

wtf1.gif

I'm thinking this book will be HUGE.

Why?

Massive MLP audience

Katie Cook's 1st book as writer

Christmas

Little kids

Big Girls

Little Girls

Bronies

6 different covers to base issues (Different pony on each)

Derpy Variant (SDCC Derpy Figures sell for 100+)

3rd Eye Variant

Great list.

I don't know about aftermarket value, BUT in my opinion there is NO way you can ignore this book if you are a retailer, because of ALL of the above.

I have a shop variant that connects with Jetpack.

http://c0014509.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_ede4239

( if anybody can post properly, thanks in advance )

A blank back for sketching.

A couple of versions.

Also there are about 50 shops with variants ready to be announced.

Great property. Friendship & Magic indeed.

It's very strange. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. lol However, I have watched a couple of the cartoons on HUB with my 5 year old daughter and I have to say, the writing is not exclusively geared towards young children.

Seeing grown men buying the comic would still be mighty odd though.

It's very strange. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. lol However, I have watched a couple of the cartoons on HUB with my 5 year old daughter and I have to say, the writing is not exclusively geared towards young children.

I ordered a bunch of the Midtown variant. This one is going to hit the same levels as the skottie young mid town variant.

Yup. I seem to remember reading that Lauren Faust specifically recreated the Brand from the ground up to be less/non gender specific in a lot of aspects which has created a wider audience.

The appeal to me is that it's actually watchable compared to a lot of they put out there for kids in the UK for 2 - 5 year olds. Don't get me wrong the children's entertainers that work for the BBC do a great job but there's only so many times I can stand to sit down with my kids and watch them do the same/similar thing over and over. MLP: FIM has strong characterisation, plot, action and continuity... which is a lot more than can be said for the usual fodder out there. Try sitting down with your kids (or on your own in your man cave) and watching 4 episodes of Dora the Explorer then try MLP. You will see what I mean.

I can watch the Simpsons with my kids and we all enjoy it but I get more out of it; MLP is similar just that they get more out of it.

As for the fan base in general... well it is huge. Just don't go googling for images from Bronycon 2012.

... what? I said don't do it.

Let's all take a step back and review the name again:

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

If you have a little girl...great buy

If you are buying to read and an adult male...whatever floats your boat

If you are buying to resell and make money (not $1 an issue profit mind you) then pass...

If you are a retailer...variety for readers and kids

How has the Strawberry Shortcake title done? I know more females with disposable income who loved SS growing up? Food for thought...(yes that last comment was tongue in cheek)

JJ

Let's all take a step back and review the name again:

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

If you have a little girl...great buy

If you are buying to read and an adult male...whatever floats your boat

If you are buying to resell and make money (not $1 an issue profit mind you) then pass...

If you are a retailer...variety for readers and kids

How has the Strawberry Shortcake title done? I know more females with disposable income who loved SS growing up? Food for thought...(yes that last comment was tongue in cheek)

JJ

nah... clearly they won't spend money on this ;)

*cough*

some of the art does well though... all things considered it outpaces TWD by a long mile for the content that is offered vs price paid

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Applejack-Lauren-Faust-MLP-FIM-Original-Art-/280662539426?nma=true&si=pcrCBlb4daEvlmRBoY3jqGiYCgk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280956969236?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649