• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

438 posts in this topic

>>Wow.... This really blew me away. 90,000 copies sold of MLP<<

Told ya it would be a MONSTER, weeks ago.

Historic release for shop variants.

Watch.

Absoloutely. I think quite a few of us saw this coming. If you have watched the show, bought the toys and then likely looked online for anything My Little Pony related you realise is everywhere.

Some people are going to do well here. I just can't see it working too well outside the US when you factor in postage (to the UK) for shop variants, that coupled with the TV show not being on regular TV channels over here. The comic is not stocked everywhere/well here and the box sets have not sold out on pre-order. Makes it much riskier to speculate on. If it explodes then good for you. 2c

I'll grab a copy for my girls ofc :)

Hey I'm all for it if it gets young kids into reading comic books. Comic book companies need to do more to get kids reading again. Lookouts is another books that's aimed at kids also. There's just too few of them around.

But for some reason I've got this image in my head of a balding 40yo in his dark comic room with his 100 copies of My Little Pony lol

>>But for some reason I've got this image in my head of a balding 40yo in his dark comic room with his 100 copies of My Little Pony <<

Collector maybe.

But shops are going to move them EASILY.

There is a shortage of material for little girls.

MLP fills a nice void in the marketplace.

Little girls will go crazy for this. I'm glad I pre-ordered it months ago when I first caught wind of it.

Unless you have kids though, I can't see a reason for buying it. Little girls don't want 9.8's encased in a slab or X amount of variants. Don't they just want to read the book?

Little girls will go crazy for this. I'm glad I pre-ordered it months ago when I first caught wind of it.

Unless you have kids though, I can't see a reason for buying it. Little girls don't want 9.8's encased in a slab or X amount of variants. Don't they just want to read the book?

Yes, and that's fine. I can sell at retail price and still do well on this book. I don't have any plans of slabbing any unless some lonely Bronie begs for a variant graded, which might happen.

Yes, and that's fine. I can sell at retail price and still do well on this book. I don't have any plans of slabbing any unless some lonely Bronie begs for a variant graded, which might happen.

That makes sense if you pre-ordered a few at discount and you sell them at retail.

Found this on bleeding cool in the comments:

All I'll say is, it's really, REALLY good.

No hyperbole, honest. I was genuinely impressed with the first issue -- writing, artwork... everything! It hits on all the right cylinders for young and not-so-young alike. It's the kind of comic book that reminds me why I love comic books -- doesn't matter that it's cute ponies in the starring roles. It's just entertaining graphic storytelling at its best, where every panel is bursting with something fun. I don't know how to say it any better.

I took a printout home to my 9-year-old daughter (a huge MLP fan) and she adored it so much, she was inspired to pull out a notebook immediately after she'd read it and busily began sketching ponies because she wanted to "learn how to draw them just like they do in the comics." Papa was smiling when he heard this, you betcha.

It's really a fun time to be involved in comic books right now, and this (for me) is just one more reason why.

Best,

Tom Waltz

IDW Publishing

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/front-page-comic-news/63227-my-little-pony-1-sells-over-90-000-copies-3.html

19 Confirmed Covers!

http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopic.php?p=313018&sid=b4d1bdc21ecc86a32ad30b985a1ee772

Issue #1

01. MLP: FIM #1 (CVR A) [Twilight Sparkle]

02. MLP: FIM #1 (CVR B) [Applejack]

03. MLP: FIM #1 (CVR C) [Pinkie Pie]

04. MLP: FIM #1 (CVR D) [RUMORED: Rainbow Dash]

05. MLP: FIM #1 (CVR E) [RUMORED: Rarity]

06. MLP: FIM #1 (CVR F) [RUMORED: Fluttershy]

07. MLP: FIM #1 10 Copy Incentive (CVR RI)

08. MLP: FIM #1 Subscription Variant

09. MLP: FIM #1 Midtown Comics Variant (CVR RE)

10. MLP: FIM #1 Third Eye Comics Variant (CVR RE)

11. MLP: FIM #1 Lone Star Comics Variant (CVR RE)

12. MLP: FIM #1 Hastings Variant (CVR RE)

13. MLP: FIM #1 Double Midnight Comics Variant (CVR RE)

14. MLP: FIM #1 Dynamic Forces Variant

15. MLP: FIM #1 Wonderworld Comics Variant

16. MLP: FIM #1 Larry's Comics Variant

17. MLP: FIM #1 Jetpack Comics Variant

18. MLP: FIM #1 Joint Larry's and Jetpack Variant

19. MLP: FIM #1 {Secret Mystery Variant}

00. MLP: FIM #1 Complete Box Set [CVR A-F]

Issue #2

01. MLP: FIM #2 (CVR A) [Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy]

02. MLP: FIM #2 (CVR B)

03. MLP: FIM #2 (CVR C)

04. MLP: FIM #2 10 Copy Incentive

05. MLP: FIM #2 25 Copy Incentive

06. MLP: FIM #2 50 Copy Incentive {(NET) (C:} [RUMORED]

07. MLP: FIM #2 Retailer Exclusive Variant 1

08. MLP: FIM #2 Retailer Exclusive Variant 2

The 1 in 50 Variant is currently being investigated.

these two connect to form one image:

this one features production artwork from both above covers and is the smallest print run of the lot. A micro printing of only 125

these two connect to form one image:

this one features production artwork from both above covers and is the smallest print run of the lot. A micro printing of only 125

how do i jump on the micro print?

I figured more shops would request variants of MLP.

The demographics of it's fanbase make me drool as a retailer.

Sadly there is NOT a ton of new material for young girls.

besides a great original image for our regular covers, We worked closely w IDW to create the lowest print run comic in their history.

I suspect the "mystery variant " to be another offering from the ComicsPro retailers #ghostvariant