• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC Question?

20 posts in this topic

Hi guys I'll be attending my first NYCC next week with my daughter she's siked!

Does anyone know if they'll be a vendor there offering on- site

pressing?I have a couple of books that I think can benefit and get a little bump.

Thanks!

Yeah good idea.

Sometimes I like to post questions and

have a little chat

with people on the chat boards.

I really like this response. It's clever, but not snarky - and it looks like a haiku. Welcome to the boards, grasshopper.

They had on-site pressing in Chicago, would expect NYCC too.

No.

The reason people like joeypost offer on-site pressing at WW Chicago is because CGC does on-site grading for that show as well - which means you can hand your book off to joey, have it pressed & dropped off at the CGC booth and then pick it up, fully graded & encapsulated, by the end of the show.

NYCC isn't an on-site show, so doing on-site pressing wouldn't make much sense.

They had on-site pressing in Chicago, would expect NYCC too.

No.

The reason people like joeypost offer on-site pressing at WW Chicago is because CGC does on-site grading for that show as well - which means you can hand your book off to joey, have it pressed & dropped off at the CGC booth and then pick it up, fully graded & encapsulated, by the end of the show.

NYCC isn't an on-site show, so doing on-site pressing wouldn't make much sense.

I don't know about that. If someone was doing onsite pressing, i might drop off a bunch of books to save the roundtrip shipping costs. I'll be dropping off books to the Link and CGC in order to save the one way shipping.

Fully insuring and shipping high value books can add up very quickly. Being able to hand off and recieve the books back in person is a serious savings.