• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A better look at Thanos

40 posts in this topic

I'm still wondering how this is not going to mirror the battle scenes we saw in Avengers #1 [assuming that Thanos will have an army behind him]? However, if there is no army to fight how will they be able to extend any battle scenes to make this an enjoyable 2 hour movie? My biggest gripe with most of the Avengers Thanos arc's is that the battle scene's are very lame. Almost sounds like a Korvac storyline would be a better fit to me.

I'm still wondering how this is not going to mirror the battle scenes we saw in Avengers #1 [assuming that Thanos will have an army behind him]? However, if there is no army to fight how will they be able to extend any battle scenes to make this an enjoyable 2 hour movie? My biggest gripe with most of the Avengers Thanos arc's is that the battle scene's are very lame. Almost sounds like a Korvac storyline would be a better fit to me.

In Joss Whedon I trust.

This has me excited about his character even more! Looks great.

Damn skippy!

Still think IM 55 prices are ridiculous...

Not me - it's gonna be the next Hulk 181! :baiting:

Rise of the Purple Leno! :ohnoez:

Funny... That's what my wife calls it.

You should see a Doctor immediately.

Rise of the Purple Leno! :ohnoez:

Funny... That's what my wife calls it.

You should see a Doctor immediately.

The doctor's advice was for her to stop squeezing so hard.

Will he be completely CGI or will he be an actor in make-up?

I was wondering that, too. That first pic looks like a prothesis - I'd love a live actor to play Thanos, but I'd imagine they will go CG on him with a cool voice actor.

Both. It's probably going to be a live actor with lots of CGI.

lol

Starlin: “Kirby had done ‘The New Gods,’ which I thought was terrific. He was over at DC at the time. I came up with some things that were inspired by that. You’d think that Thanos was inspired by Darkseid, but that was not the case when I showed up. In my first Thanos drawings, if he looked like anybody, it was Metron. I had all these different gods and things I wanted to do, which became Thanos and the Titans. Roy took one look at the guy in the Metron-like chair and said : ‘Beef him up! If you’re going to steal one of the New Gods, at least rip off Darkseid, the really good one!’”

$(KGrHqNHJBcE9!GWW5T(BPSU,b4YEQ~~60_57.JPG

I keep thinking about Ron Perlman as Hellboy. Worked for me.

Edited my post...

Check this one out...

I keep thinking about Ron Perlman as Hellboy. Worked for me.

I'm guessing a little more CGI like Doug Jones as the Surfer.