• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A better look at Thanos

40 posts in this topic

Thanos? They gotta do the Infinity Gauntlet!

Eventually. Thanos is the villain in A2, but Infinity Gauntlet will be the next gigantic Marvel crossover movie (perhaps by 2018?) as soon as they get all their characters/licensing lined up. I don't think they would leave that much potential revenue on the table to blow their load on the Infinity Gauntlet storyline in a sequel.

Eventually. Thanos is the villain in A2, but Infinity Gauntlet will be the next gigantic Marvel crossover movie (perhaps by 2018?) as soon as they get all their characters/licensing lined up. I don't think they would leave that much potential revenue on the table to blow their load on the Infinity Gauntlet storyline in a sequel.

I'm actually convinced that when they can use all of it's characters Marvel will do a Civil War Movie (maybe even two movies).

I'm actually convinced that when they can use all of it's characters Marvel will do a Civil War Movie (maybe even two movies).

Civil War is really, really good. And what made it good is that the characters we've known and admired for so long had to act in such extreme ways that we could all relate to. I'm reading Civil War now, and I am really impressed with the entire scope of it. I think it'd be a great two-parter down the line.

Civil War is really, really good. And what made it good is that the characters we've known and admired for so long had to act in such extreme ways that we could all relate to. I'm reading Civil War now, and I am really impressed with the entire scope of it. I think it'd be a great two-parter down the line.

Well, maybe this has most to do with a personal taste of yours than with a consistent development of the characters. I think the writers just showed how they have been barely able to write stories with those characters. They surely did not care about the characters, and neither know them properly, it takes very little to see it.

But again, this trend begun way before Civil War. :(

Well, maybe this has most to do with a personal taste of yours than with a consistent development of the characters. I think the writers just showed how they have been barely able to write stories with those characters. They surely did not care about the characters, and neither know them properly, it takes very little to see it.

But again, this trend begun way before Civil War. :(

I was away from comics for about 16 years, and Civil War was the 3rd crossover event I've read since coming back (House of M, A vs X were the first two).

To me, the story flowed, I understood where they were at with each character and I had no problems getting into the story after all those years. I'd have to say that's a pretty good example of consistency in writing over the long term across the board with all the characters involved.

Characters are supposed to go through "reimaginings" because comic book companies don't have the patience to evolve characters into different directions, and they need to reflect society's interests and concerns as time goes on. These are the things that collectors complain about (with good reason, most of the time) when something new comes around the corner for the character.

Fundamentally, each character should maintain their core personality which draws us in as readers at any age. This personality is what should remain consistent through the years, and Marvel did an excellent job with Civil War in maintaining that - much more than the other two crossover events I read.

Still think IM 55 prices are ridiculous...

Not me - it's gonna be the next Hulk 181! :baiting:

I would think more along the lines of Hulk 180.

The big thing is that he's not on the cover. Only rare cases (like ST 110)

does a first appearance hit it real big.

Still think IM 55 prices are ridiculous...

Not me - it's gonna be the next Hulk 181! :baiting:

I would think more along the lines of Hulk 180.

The big thing is that he's not on the cover. Only rare cases (like ST 110)

does a first appearance hit it real big.

I know - such a shame he didn't make the cover until his...fifth appearance in Captain Marvel 28? And even then, it's just a gigantic face. We don't see him in full costume on a cover until Captain Marvel #33.

I'm so excited, I'm going to go spend way more than I should spend and will ever recoup to buy a copy of IM 55, a book I never cared for, just because of the EPICNESS1!1!!!!111