• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just one more reason I will never buy again from ....

60 posts in this topic

Please point me to the bargain bin full of nm copies of this book for $2.00

Please come to the next Richmond comic convention and I'll be happy to point you to the correct table,......Ed Sanderson regularly blows out silver and bronze DC's for $2.00-$3.00 per book in VG-VF range while the other dealers stand around and seeth.....ain't no big thing....If I'm buying the book I don't need it in NM....

Please point me to the bargain bin full of nm copies of this book for $2.00

Please come to the next Richmond comic convention and I'll be happy to point you to the correct table,......Ed Sanderson regularly blows out silver and bronze DC's for $2.00-$3.00 per book in VG-VF range while the other dealers stand around and seeth.....ain't no big thing....

Any VG silver marvels in his $3 bin? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Yep,...lots,..he's great for filling in runs,...I'll let you know the next time he's around...

Yep,...lots,..he's great for filling in runs,...I'll let you know the next time he's around...

Does he have an on-line site or a comic catalog or any mail order service.

If so I'd really like to get in contact with him. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I could use some late silver ASM, mid silver TtA, JIMs/Thors... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Taking a trip out of state to Richmond isn't feasible for me in the near future.

Now VG-VF = NM?

Umm,....no,...If I'm buying for the book and not the label then I'm buying for the content of the book ,story and art..........not for the condition/centering/cut/gloss/spine/or corners of the book,..I would be buying it to read it....If I'm buying for the label I'm buying the book that has the highest number in the upper left corner of the case,..regardless of how the book looks...

So...what are your other reasons for not buying from them???... insane.gif

Yes but since I made an azz of myself on the previous point I won't dwell on it,...

Umm,....no,...If I'm buying for the book and not the label then I'm buying for the content of the book ,story and art..........not for the condition/centering/cut/gloss/spine/or corners of the book,..I would be buying it to read it....If I'm buying for the label I'm buying the book that has the highest number in the upper left corner of the case,..regardless of how the book looks...

With the advent of CGC, do you ever buy raw for high-grade condition or only raw for mid/low grade readers?

With the advent of CGC, do you ever buy raw for high-grade condition or only raw for mid/low grade readers?

Both ,...but If I buy high grade raw now it's for the intent for slab and resale...not reading...reader copies are for reading...

Does he have an on-line site or a comic catalog or any mail order service.

If so I'd really like to get in contact with him.

Sorry,...no catalog,...he does have a shop in Fredericksburg VA, but doesn't keep a lot of inventory there,..and his prices are higher,...when he goes to shows he just goes to move volume...

For what it's worth, I have purchased relatively inexpensive back issues from Lone Star in the recent past, and was pleased with their ordering system, packaging, and "NM" comics. I got exactly what I expected from them, which was Near Mint "range" comics. When buying from a place that grades like this, my expectation is to receive books that would fall into 9.0 or higher OS standards.

Are these moderns? If so were most of them at least 9.4's? The reason I ask is that I am waiting for a few orders to arrive and I'd like to buy some more moderns (pretty cheap right now) but I want to see what condition they are in first. I am going to send in my first few books for submission (SA keys) that I had bought from Metro, Comic Link and Lone Star and I am interested to see how accurate their grading is.

Lone Star calls it NM, but it is actually only a CGC 9.2. Is that what you mean?

I'm not surprised. For dealers who use broad grading categories only (G, VG, F, VF, NM), it doesn't really shock or bother me to see it listed as NM since it is within this kind of dealer's NM "range".

For what it's worth, I have purchased relatively inexpensive back issues from Lone Star in the recent past, and was pleased with their ordering system, packaging, and "NM" comics. I got exactly what I expected from them, which was Near Mint "range" comics. When buying from a place that grades like this, my expectation is to receive books that would fall into 9.0 or higher OS standards.

oh yeah, Mile High does this too. NM is appropriate for all grades including PR, FR, FR/GD, GD, GD+, GD/VG, VG-, VG, VG+, VG/FN, FN-, FN, FN+, FN/VF, VF-, VF, VF+, VF/NM, NM-, NM, NM+, NM/MT, MT. insane.gif

Now VG-VF = NM?

Umm....So why did you look at the scan of the B&B if you were buying for the label?

Now VG-VF = NM?

Umm....So why did you look at the scan of the B&B if you were buying for the label?

What's up with the Spanish Inquisition here? So what if anyone buys the label. I do and many others do too. So what. If I had the choice between a 9.4 and a similar 9.6 for more money (not crazy) I would choose the 9.6 label. So what.

He already said he made in mistake, let it go Tom. Let's go harass MK, it's more fun. flowerred.gif

Now VG-VF = NM?

What's up with the Spanish Inquisition here? So what if anyone buys the label. I do and many others do too. So what. If I had the choice between a 9.4 and a similar 9.6 for more money (not crazy) I would choose the 9.6 label. So what.

He already said he made in mistake, let it go Tom. Let's go harass MK, it's more fun. flowerred.gif

"Harass not the Son of Khaos as He will smite thee with great fury and high comedy."

-Khaotians 36:24:36

Are these moderns? If so were most of them at least 9.4's? The reason I ask is that I am waiting for a few orders to arrive and I'd like to buy some more moderns (pretty cheap right now) but I want to see what condition they are in first. I am going to send in my first few books for submission (SA keys) that I had bought from Metro, Comic Link and Lone Star and I am interested to see how accurate their grading is.

Yeah - It was 10 or 12 books, all mid 1990's or newer. IIRC, there were 1 or 2 that may have only been borderline 9.2/9.4, but the rest were at least 9.4. In fact, the newest comics were actually the nicest, and I feel they were strong 9.6's.

I'm not saying that everyone would be happy with them all the time, but I considered this particular transaction to be a good experience for what the books were and price paid. I would use them again for a modern purchase.

Hope this helps,

-Jim