• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my 2 ASMs, educate me a bit too

5 posts in this topic

Looking to soon sell off some lower graded Spideys I have replaced over the past few years. This would be the first time I've sold anything of my own, and want to make sure I get the grading down as much as possible. I've found my grading of HG books to be well withing acceptible error limits, but because I don't often buy low and mid grade books, they can sometimes stump me as to what their grades might be.

First book is the worst of the ones I've photo'd thus far. Just all around no good, but, its complete. No missing pieces, just lots of creasing, little bits of tearing. My best guess was 3.0.

(o, and by the way, I did eventually discover the wonder that is cropping! woo! 325KB-400KB scans)

ASM 181 Front

ASM 181 back

Second book I had more of an issue with, as its a decent book, with 1 giant flaw that sticks out a bit more than the rest: the spine roll. Naturally its most visible via the back scan.

ASM 242 front

ASM 242 back

If there was no roll whatsoever, I'd probably tack a 8.0/8.5 on this one, mostly due to the damage at the upper staple. But I really am not sure how much a big roll would deduct from the grade. I noted it as 6.5/7.0.

Any help/advice/ is greatly appreciated!

181 G/G+

242 VGF That spine roll could be pressed out some and make it a full Fine. blush.gif

Either way both are $1 bin books so don't sweat it.