• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 - guess the grade

42 posts in this topic

wow...way overgraded by moi

a nice looking 2.0 for sure.

Me too! I said 2.5! Uggghhh! doh!

I think there was a poster on page 1 or 2 of this thread who nailed it on the mark!

:tonofbricks:

Wow...

I was being a little too optimistic with a 4.5. I thought it was going to come back 3.5 / 4.0 but certainly not a 2.0.

Are there any major rips on the BC that we just can't see?

1.5 to 2.0

I think Mike had the right idea here. The book is gorgeous and the nicest 2.0 in existence, but "tape on entire spine of interior cover" suggests that pre-tape, the front cover was actually detached from the book, or very close to it.

As nice as it presents, I'd be unhappy if I paid FMV for a 3.5 or whatever and found out the whole FC had been detached.

1.5 to 2.0

I think Mike had the right idea here. The book is gorgeous and the nicest 2.0 in existence, but "tape on entire spine of interior cover" suggests that pre-tape, the front cover was actually detached from the book, or very close to it.

As nice as it presents, I'd be unhappy if I paid FMV for a 3.5 or whatever and found out the whole FC had been detached.

Didn't even think of that! doh!

I'm thinking that's the obvious case...

I thought about calling for graders notes (I didnt slab it) but I don't think I'd get much more than what is on the label...

The bottom staple looks good but I'll have to check the top when I get home next week. I'm wondering if someone just got a little over zealous with the tape.

Thanks for all of the comments. I paid a slight premium for the eye appeal and good PQ and am very happy to have this book in my collection!!

Wow, that incredibly low grade shows the great hypocrisy of CGC, you can have a far worse looking Hulk 1 with tape down the entire outside spine of the cover (greatly detracting from the appearance a lot more than this one) and still get a technical 3.5/3.0 depending on how good the tape job is. This far superior looking (almost mid grade in wear/appearance) book only has tape on the inside cover making it invisible on presentation and far more desirable and they slam it down to a 2.0. :screwy:

There is not a single person in there right mind that would not pay 2.0+ market price for this book when it looks 4.0/4.5 with some inside the cover tape that should at worst make it no lower than a 3.0 even on the very worst day of a graders life. (death in family, spouse caught in the act cheating etc!) :)

These extreme CGC grading discrepancies have gotten far too common. I already have 2 Hulk 1's so I am not in the market and I would pay GPA 2.5 market price on that book today! (PM me if interested) :baiting: