• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to say no?

80 posts in this topic

I had to walk away. Long-story short, I offered "free" or paid appraisal options with specific terms. She decided to go the "free" appraisal route and in doing so, violated one of my terms when she started shopping the collection around.
:facepalm: not cool

When I was shopping around for an AF 15 people came out of the woodwork. I always responded and, like you, was always polite and offered an explanation as to why I was going to pass on that specific book if it was not what I was looking for.

No one was ever annoyed with me (I don't think so) nor did I get the impression that I would not be able to do any future business with that person should the opportunity arise.

I was not buying an AF 15....... :news:

I have SuperDuperHopper #117 in CGC 9.4 for $1,000.

:takeit:

I bet he won't reply to you....

Pov never replies to me. I think he has me on ignore.

I fell for that once but I have learned and never again will Pov reply to you.

hm

doh!

When I was shopping around for an AF 15 people came out of the woodwork. I always responded and, like you, was always polite and offered an explanation as to why I was going to pass on that specific book if it was not what I was looking for.

No one was ever annoyed with me (I don't think so) nor did I get the impression that I would not be able to do any future business with that person should the opportunity arise.

I was not buying an AF 15....... :news:

Well I wish people would have come out of the woodwork when I was shopping for an Eternal Warrior #4 9.8.

There was no way a cleaning would have helped these books, but he only paid a quarter for each book.

It's amazing what steel wool and some turpentine will do (thumbs u

hm

My aunt had a super cool late model Mustang she was planning on trading in. I wanted to buy it but was strapped for cash. One day at work my boss showed up in a Mustang. A beat up old 90's model with oxidized paint. In some feeble attempt to have conversation with him I mentioned wanting my aunt's Mustang and he said "Well hell this one's for sale!"

Awkward....

My aunt had a super cool late model Mustang she was planning on trading in. I wanted to buy it but was strapped for cash. One day at work my boss showed up in a Mustang. A beat up old 90's model with oxidized paint. In some feeble attempt to have conversation with him I mentioned wanting my aunt's Mustang and he said "Well hell this one's for sale!"

Awkward....

If it was a fox body 87-93 I would have been all over it. Paint jobs are cheap, the fox body is way superior to the late models.

Plus you get the opportunity to re-inact the Vanilla Ice video in fox body!

Awkward....

If it was a fox body 87-93 I would have been all over it. Paint jobs are cheap, the fox body is way superior to the late models.

Seriously???...you are the first person I ever hear say that.....I am not a Mustang fan, per say..but that is not my cup of Kopi Luwak

Awkward....

Seriously???...you are the first person I ever hear say that.....I am not a Mustang fan, per say..but that is not my cup of Kopi Luwak

I have owned a 1987 LX and a 2009 Bullitt Mustang. The 87 is 2/3 the weight of the late models with only 20% less horse power.

My 87 was WAY faster than 2009, of course I had about $3,000 in mods done to the 87. But the car only cost me $2,500 so.......

1987 $5,500 investment, sold for $5,000 years later

2009 $35,000 investment, sold for $28,000 2 years later

But that is just my personal experience.

Awkward....

I have owned a 1987 LX and a 2009 Bullitt Mustang. The 87 is 2/3 the weight of the late models with only 20% less horse power.

My 87 was WAY faster than 2009, of course I had about $3,000 in mods done to the 87. But the car only cost me $2,500 so.......

1987 $5,500 investment, sold for $5,000 years later

2009 $35,000 investment, sold for $28,000 2 years later

But that is just my personal experience.

hm