• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 Halloween Avatars

56 posts in this topic

I always thought The Crooked Man was one of the most spooky stories that ever came out of Mike's Mignola disturbed brain!

It's also one of my favorites!

Hellboy-The+Crooked+Man2.jpg

One of the best horror comic artists of all time, Richard Corben, helping out there as well.

Without a doubt, I should had praised him as well, as much as I like Mignola I think Mr Corben's art was perfect for this story!

I always thought The Crooked Man was one of the most spooky stories that ever came out of Mike's Mignola disturbed brain!

One of the best horror comic artists of all time, Richard Corben, helping out there as well.

Without a doubt, I should had praised him as well, as much as I like Mignola I think Mr Corben's art was perfect for this story!

What comic is that?

What comic is that?

Hellboy : The Crooked Man, 3 issue mini- series.

What comic is that?

Hellboy : The Crooked Man, 3 issue mini- series.

(thumbs u Thanks

Here's a pic of one of the most gruesome and twisted things I've ever seen in a video game or movie:

asphyxia-silent-hedrus-2635391aaa.jpg

This is a boss character named "Asphyxia" in a game called Silent Hill: Homecoming. All the monsters in the Silent Hill games are symbolic/psychological manifestations of characters in the town. This particular monster is the manifestation of a girl who was murdered.

For those interested, here's the analysis from the Silent Hill wiki:

Asphyxia's name and appearance are symbolic of how Nora Holloway died. Her mother, Judge Holloway, strangled her in order to sacrifice her, to appease the Order's dark God and protect Shepherd's Glen. The numerous hands choking and groping Asphyxia's body symbolize how she was murdered.

Nora also loved to read, particularly her favorite book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, as seen in her photograph. Having multiple arms, Asphyxia's form appears similar to that of the Caterpillar in the book and her "scream" is similar to how the Caterpillar blew smoke from his hookah at Alice.

Her appearance is also heavily sexualized yet unrevealing (vaginal area and breasts are covered in the same manner as a girl would try to cover herself), perhaps symbolizing how she was nearly a woman full grown but denied it. As depicted in the game, Asphyxia exhibits a tormented existence. It is noted that there is a green substance emitted from the Asphyxia's tail when she performs a swiping attack. Usually anything green emitted from the body is a sign of serious infection or is a toxin. The green substance can be attributed to poison; poison can be linked to the wellness, or lack thereof, concerning the soul or the mind.

Asphyxia's lack of eyes may also symbolize how Nora Holloway died. Normally, if a person loses conciousness, the lungs automatically seek air and the breathing functions continue, which makes it nearly impossible for someone to suffocate themselves. This could mean that Nora died half concious, half unconcious, which would give the hands around Asphyxia's mouth a dual meaning-not only was she unable to breathe, she was given no reprieve, even once she blacked out.