• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

? Buying a Collection of SS Sketch Covers.

31 posts in this topic

What Im asking is if someone is looking to sell a large amount of SS Sketch covers various artists etc. Lets say 50 for an example. 40 are CGC and 10 are raw. What would be a fair price to pay per sketch cover if buying in lots.

I've seen prices for some at 350+ and some for as low as 30. So my question is if someone is selling a "collection" of 50. What price per book would be fair.

Sc

Again, that cant really be answered. The price depends on the grade, the artist, what the sketch is and how cool/nice/awesome the sketch looks. without seeing the books or knowing a LOT more, it just cant be answered.

Granted, I am still a neophyte, but I don't think you can really do that with sketches. Just looking at one of the many sale threads that are up, some are insanely amazing and others are just a sketch. Some people just go for more due to them being them, rarity, amount of work, or just being badass.

I might be so green it's embarrassing myself, but the only way I think a flat price per would work would be with a gigantic lot or all done by the same person.

Granted, I am still a neophyte, but I don't think you can really do that with sketches. Just looking at one of the many sale threads that are up, some are insanely amazing and others are just a sketch. Some people just go for more due to them being them, rarity, amount of work, or just being badass.

I might be so green it's embarrassing myself, but the only way I think a flat price per would work would be with a gigantic lot or all done by the same person.

Agreed. It's like buying anything that's considered a piece of art (created by different artists) in a huge batch - that is an untenable question. One man's treasure is another man's.. and all that.

What Im asking is if someone is looking to sell a large amount of SS Sketch covers various artists etc. Lets say 50 for an example. 40 are CGC and 10 are raw. What would be a fair price to pay per sketch cover if buying in lots.

I've seen prices for some at 350+ and some for as low as 30. So my question is if someone is selling a "collection" of 50. What price per book would be fair.

Sc

Too much information, this post has not!!

Really so thank you for clarifying the question from so how much is fair to pay for one comic to how much is fair to pay for 50 comics....

Is your real name Joey or Justin by chance?

I mean damn a signature from say Ditko or King compared to say from random artist makes some books worth $1000+ to some worth not even $50. Then we have to consider grade, what the blank is, how detailed the sketch is etc.

I really hope you are screwing with us with asking such vague questions.

If someone had a collection of sketches you would pay book by book rather then finding an average per book?

SC

Are they 50 Neal Adams sketches or 50 Joe Schlabotnik sketches? The former will require $20,000, the latter a fake PSA 10 Jordan rookie card.

If someone had a collection of sketches you would pay book by book rather then finding an average per book?

SC

Are they 50 Neal Adams sketches or 50 Joe Schlabotnik sketches? The former will require $20,000, the latter a fake PSA 10 Jordan rookie card.

How many fake PSA jordans for the former???

SC

How many fake PSA jordans for the former???

tree-fiddy.

Again, that cant really be answered. The price depends on the grade, the artist, what the sketch is and how cool/nice/awesome the sketch looks. without seeing the books or knowing a LOT more, it just cant be answered.

what he said... sketch covers are 1 of a kind, so trying to come up with a "bulk" pricing system wont work. You have to look at them on a case by case basis...