• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions: X-Men 94

30 posts in this topic

This ones impossible to grade because of the white along the spine. You can't see if there's any spine stress. However, since both bindary corners are very slightly blunted and there may be some non-color breaking marks on the spine. I think it goes in the 9.2 category.

Brian

I don't see anything from the scan to downgrade it below a 9.4, unless that is a slight color-breaking crinkle on the top edge near the spine. With that being said, I have learned the hard way that even a single, barely perceptible and shallow non color-breaking indent can take a very high grade book down a notch or two with our friends at CGC.

Beautiful copy, of what I call the "green cover version" of this book - a significant number of copies have a darker, bluer background (the "blue cover version").

Anyone else noticed this color dichotomy? "Blue version":

542081-X94.jpg

542081-X94.jpg.6529541f313b9e26ef734f3d7176de2d.jpg

This ones impossible to grade because of the white along the spine. You can't see if there's any spine stress. However, since both bindary corners are very slightly blunted and there may be some non-color breaking marks on the spine. I think it goes in the 9.2 category.

Brian

Good point about the white edge 893scratchchin-thumb.gif - they do hide tiny creases quite well, but it still looks clean to me - Niko?

I don't see anything from the scan to downgrade it below a 9.4, unless that is a slight color-breaking crinkle on the top edge near the spine. With that being said, I have learned the hard way that even a single, barely perceptible and shallow non color-breaking indent can take a very high grade book down a notch or two with our friends at CGC.

Beautiful copy, of what I call the "green cover version" of this book - a significant number of copies have a darker, bluer background (the "blue cover version").

Anyone else noticed this color dichotomy? "Blue version":

Hmm, never saw one like this 893whatthe.gif Looks more like the "Black version" insane.gif Both of my copies were green . . .

Since I purchased this dark blue/green version of X-Men 94 off the rack 30 years ago, I can tell you with absolute certainty that the cover color (and the rest of the book, too) are unaltered. The scan has not been processed by photoshop, either, and although the book was scanned inside of a mylite, the background color of the scan matches well the color in person. I have seen another copy with the dark blue/green coloring as well, and at least one copy that appeared intermediate between the two, although my impression is they are far less common than the green version.

Show us your "dark blue version" X-Men 94! (Great copy, Nikos).