• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The TICK #1 Bunch - SPOON!! (Black cover)
1 1

114 posts in this topic

The Tick sucks.

Speaking of...I just ran across another cherry copy of SE #1. hm

Help a brother out someday.

I tried to sell you the last one. :makepoint:

I'm cheap.
I've learned if you want to get quality stuff in this hobby you can't be cheap.

You can try, but you'll never get the good stuff.

This is only true if you want it NOW! If you have a longer time horizon, you can track down virtually anything (leaving out the very hard to find stuff) at a relative bargain.

I have the patience of a mongoose with a snake in front of it. Either way it can be done. Just more risk by having to have it now.

My Ticks will probably be the last ones I sell.

Set of 1-12 includes:

SE # 1, CGC 9.4;

SE # 2, CGC 9.6, CGC 9.4, CGC 9.2;

# 1 (black), cgc 9.2; # 1 (raw--signed by Edlund); and

# 2 (uncut, CGC 9.0 Sig Series--thanks to PeasofCrap! :whee:)

Someday I will snag some of the NEC newsletters. Someday.

Anyone know if the 1990 Tick promo book is considered scarce? Anyone know the print run? I see that mycomicshop has one and ebay currently has one.

nsp02960.jpg

Juggernaut had mentioned this book before. There are more than one on Ebay, and Lonestar has its listed as $9. The ones posted on Ebay are listed as NM for $9 (+).

Anyone know if the 1990 Tick promo book is considered scarce? Anyone know the print run? I see that mycomicshop has one and ebay currently has one.

nsp02960.jpg

Juggernaut had mentioned this book before. There are more than one on Ebay, and Lonestar has its listed as $9. The ones posted on Ebay are listed as NM for $9 (+).

Did he mention it in this thread?

nsp02960.jpg

No, this one for absolutely hardest 90's books to track down - tee hee

nsp02960.jpg

No, this one for absolutely hardest 90's books to track down - tee hee

(worship)

Finally sent in my Tick # 2 Uncut variant. Expecting at least a 9.4, possible 9.6. How many folks on here have one? I seem to recall someone mentioning there were only 200 or so that were ever published, and then given away to NEC employees.

Finally sent in my Tick # 2 Uncut variant. Expecting at least a 9.4, possible 9.6. How many folks on here have one? I seem to recall someone mentioning there were only 200 or so that were ever published, and then given away to NEC employees.

:popcorn:

Well I am in the same boat as you. I also got one sent to CGC and hope for a 9.4 at least :)

Tick2UncutVar400px.jpg

In the past I have contacted Bob Polio, the NEC Art Director, so that he can make light on the different variant of the Tick #12. I have do the same for the Tick #2 uncut variant. This time I got a reply from George M. Suarez, Publisher at NEC Press. He write me this :

Hello

It's been a LOOONG time since this comic was printed. IIRC, the printer had set some aside "uncut" for reasons now lost over 2.5 decades. The number was probably 100-200. It wasn't set as a specific quantity, just a thing the printer did, probably thinking we'd want to have a few uncut spares.

It's definitely one of the rarest Tick comic books.

Spoon!

George M. Suarez

Publisher, NEC Press

"Home of The Tick!"

Cool no? :whee: